ISO: help with replacement commands

Post by Larry W. Virde » Sat, 22 Oct 2005 01:15:29

I've been using Solaris 8 for quite some time, and due to some internal
needs, have begun working under Solaris 9.
I was wondering whether anyone was aware of any Sun documentation that
outlines all the programs no longer shipped, with suggested
replacements.

For instance, things like:

cmdtool    xterm or gnome-terminal
clock      xclock

and so forth.  I've searched docs.sun.com and found nothing there...

Post by Michael Tosc » Sat, 22 Oct 2005 04:06:46

> I've been using Solaris 8 for quite some time, and due to some internal
> needs, have begun working under Solaris 9.
> I was wondering whether anyone was aware of any Sun documentation that
> outlines all the programs no longer shipped, with suggested
> replacements.

> For instance, things like:

> cmdtool    xterm or gnome-terminal
> clock      xclock

> and so forth.  I've searched docs.sun.com and found nothing there...

Have no answer.
But you can copy over the Openwindows tools from Solaris 8.

--

1. ISO ISO ISO ISO HELP

I checked Redhat's installation site and they don't give the correct
directory on their FTP site to get the ISO image.  Which image should I
get for a bootable image?    There is a zoot-i386.iso and there is also
a redhat-6.2-i386.iso -- what does each contain????

It is a big download either way, even on a fast connection.  Any help
would be appreciated.

--
Dave Burns

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. AQUA theme for Mozilla??

3. ISO xbiff replacement with sounds

4. testing if running shell script in {t}csh

5. A replacement for Openwin Command Tool in Sunz CDE environment?

6. xsnow on Solaris8 (SunBlade100)

7. DOS command line replacement

8. xemacs signal ABRT on solaris 2.3

9. need AIX replacement for system V crypt command

10. Replacement Command

11. Multiple text replacement on command line

12. Looking for replacement rename command

13. Looking for secure replacement for Solaris su command