help needed for sudo, can't find sudo.log

Post by Dan Smi » Wed, 05 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>Hello,

>     I recently downloaded  cu-sudo.v1.5.3.tar.Z and set it up
>on a Sparc 20 running Solaris 2.5.1 with patch cluster dated
>June 1997.  Everything works except that I can not find
>sudo.log in /var/log or /var/adm.  From installation instruction

>                                    Winston Hao

I had a similar problem.  You need to edit your options.h file and change
the variable LOGGING to SLOG_FILE or SLOG_BOTH.  As a default it set to
SLOG_SYSLOG which sends the logging messages to the syslog.  SLOG_FILE sends
the logging messages to the sudo.log and System log.  HTH

Dan Smith

1. need info on 'sudo' rights

Hello !

I am trying to find documentation on 'sudo'. I have een asked at my work
place to find the security loopholes at my work place.  Any help in finding
the thorough documentation on 'sudo' in an enterprise level, is really
appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Gurdeep

2. HELP!! how to put new RAM to Sparc 10 ..

3. need SCO binary of 'sudo'

4. PHIGS and Linux

5. sudo can't find "cd" command in RedHat 7.2

6. dates...

7. Keyboard Map on Solaris 10

8. Help using 'sudo'

9. Now Solaris has ACL's is there any need for sudo?

10. shell 'rc' and 'sudo'

11. SUDO and Shadow'd passwd file Needed

12. Would someone give me a URL for 'sudo' and/or 'runas'?