hme1: ddi_map_regs for hme global reg failed

hme1: ddi_map_regs for hme global reg failed

Post by Jason Youn » Thu, 14 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I'm running 2.5.1 on an Enterprise 3000.
I have only one NIC (hme0). Its an Sbus card.

Additional errors:
WARNING: Unknown number of registers. Assuming FEPS
hme1: ddi_map_regs for hme global reg failed
WARNING: Unknown number of registers. Assuming FEPS
SUNW,hme0: FEPS (Rev Id = 22) Found

Any Ideas ?

Thanks in advance
Jason

1. hme0 problems on a SS2 (ddi_map_regs for hme global reg failed)

I'm trying to install/configure Solaris on a SparcStation 2, but  cannot
get hme0 working.  I've tried Solaris 2.5.1, 2.6, and 7, and have had no
success.  I've tested the hme cards in another system, and they work fine.

During a CD install, I receive the following warnings/errors:

[no problems before here...]
Configuring the /devices directory
WARNING: Out of range register specification from device node <SUNW,hme>

SUNW,hme0:ddi_map_regs for hme global reg failed
Configuring the /dev directory
[installation continues...]

The installation finishes and the system will boot, but I can't
get networking to work.

The system attempts to configure le0, which is not present.  I cannot
manually configure hme0 successfully.  These problems appear to be very
similar to those in SunSolve Bug ID 1228213 (from Dec 9, 1995).
However, the SunSolve document doesn't provide a solution.  I haven't
found any workaround/information about this problem at DejaNews,
SunSolve, or the SS2 Answerbook.

Any help resolving this problem and getting hme0 successfully detected
and configured would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
--

2. Any iChat experts out there?

3. hme or (hme0 and hme1)

4. lm_sensors

5. "ndd -get /dev/hme" failed

6. Apache Date Variable

7. RH6.0: RunWM*: OK startx: fails ( for reg user only)

8. dhcp error message

9. Event Announcement: Internet Global Summit: Global Distruted Intelligence for Everyone