Initial error message in installation Sol8

Initial error message in installation Sol8

Post by julieghobr.. » Sun, 16 Apr 2006 23:30:30

I faced that message when I was installing Sol8 intel/platform on WD HD
160GB. The Hard is new . No installation was done on it .

Unable to mount on a Solaris root file system from the device
disk : Target 0 on Bus Mastering IDE controller on board PCI bus 0 ,at
Dev31,fun1

error message

Press Enter to continue

Initial error message in installation Sol8

Post by julieghobr.. » Sun, 16 Apr 2006 23:34:32

I faced that problem when I was installing Sol 8 :
Intel platform
New WD HD 160 GB.

unable to mount on a Solaris root file system from the device .
Disk:Target 0:
on Bus mastering IDE controller on board PCI bus 0 , at Dev 31,func1
error message

Press Enter to continue

How can I face that error ?

Post by Juergen Kei » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:48:18

> I faced that problem when I was installing Sol 8 :
> Intel platform
> New WD HD 160 GB.

> unable to mount on a Solaris root file system from the device .
> Disk:Target 0:
> on Bus mastering IDE controller on board PCI bus 0 , at Dev 31,func1
> error message

> Press Enter to continue

> How can I face that error ?

Do not try to boot from the new / uninstalled / blank HDD.  Select the
optical device (CD/DVD-ROM) as the boot device for loading the
Solaris install software.

1. Error message about temperature on a entreprise 250 and sol8

Hi,
I'm always getting an error messages on my Entreprise 250:
Aug 27 15:43:17 squid envctrltwo: [ID 404198 kern.warning] WARNING:
TEMPERATURE WARNING: 0 degrees celsius at location SCSI

And this computer is in a computer room at 20C, how can I fix this
think ? I try to disable the monitoring of the environnement (in the
boot prom) but I'm still getting this error.
And with that my computer is in orange state (on the led on the front
panel), like if it was broken

Any clue ?

Regards,

Arno

2. How do I config to power down the computer via shutdown?

3. Error messages attempting to install new drive - SS20 Sol8

4. WANTED: non-unix (mac & pc) calendar manager clients

5. Error message "unable to open an initial console"

6. Problems with SCSI Tape Unit

7. Error on initial installation

8. Unix Utilities for DOS?

9. Error message continuous error messages

10. Apache JServ Installation error messages

11. Get Error Message at installation

12. Help on Installation error messages:

13. X Installation won't boot error message is ..