Solaris PPP connecting to non-Solaris PPP

Solaris PPP connecting to non-Solaris PPP

Post by James Denni » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello

I am installing Solaris X86 2.6 to be my internal (home) server to connect
to my ISP.

The docs on Solaris PPP indicate that both ends MUST be Solaris PPP for this
to work.  This seems rather odd to me.

Has anyone done this?

What other options for PPP do I have if this is really true?

TIA

Jamie

Post by Philip Bro » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>Hello

>I am installing Solaris X86 2.6 to be my internal (home) server to connect
>to my ISP.

>The docs on Solaris PPP indicate that both ends MUST be Solaris PPP for this
>to work.

That's a misreading. Hundreds of people use solaris ppp to conect to their
ISP, which I assure you is not running solaris ppp.

--
[trim the no-bots from my address to reply to me by email!]
"initiating.. 'getting the hell out of here' maneouver" - Lennier, babylon5

Post by Will Smit » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> >The docs on Solaris PPP indicate that both ends MUST be Solaris PPP for this
> >to work.

> That's a misreading. Hundreds of people use solaris ppp to conect to their
> ISP, which I assure you is not running solaris ppp.

perhaps the Solaris Docs were referring to the manner in which NT defaults
to for establishing a connection?  i know that i had to recompile my
Linux box's pppd to allow for it, so i could connect to my ISP...

---
William Smith    timex-at-tpau.kluge.net
Biddeford, ME    http://www.kluge.net/~timex

1. Connecting Win 95 PPP to Solaris 2.5 PPP

What is the setup to configure Win 95 Dialer to connect
to solaris 2.5 PPP.

I can dial using hyperterminal,login as my normal username and password
and I get a login shell.

If I try the ppp user login which runs /usr/sbin/aspppls...

If I monitor the port on the sun using tip cuaa

I get alot off garbage and Win 95 errors and says that the
protcol on the other end is not compatible and suggests that
I change the server settings and try again???

Please Help!!!

2. Lost all Package-Information

3. PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and HEADACHE

4. Disk Space Allocation

5. Solaris/Motif program dumps core when displaying non-Solaris X-servers

6. 2.5.52 compile error

7. Solaris 2.5/x86 and non-Solaris fdisk partitions

8. HACMP sensitivity

9. Solaris 2.4x86 as nfs-client from a non-solaris system

10. talk problems between solaris and non-solaris servers

11. NT PPP <---> Solaris 2.4 PPP kills sparc station !!!!!!!

12. Trumpet Winsock 2.0B PPP and Solaris 2.4 x86 PPP

13. Solaris 2.4 PPP server page faults with Microsoft PPP clients