How to prevent screen locking by users and idle timeout?

How to prevent screen locking by users and idle timeout?

Post by MGR » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

How can I tell dtsession under CDE (Solaris8) to completely disallow screen
locking by user or by inactivity timeout?

Thanks,

Matt

-=-=-=-=-= Remove *'s for my real E-Mail =-=-=-=-=-

How to prevent screen locking by users and idle timeout?

Post by zhai.. » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Disabling Screen locking by inactivity timeout is simple.
Go to style Manager in CDE, and choose screen saver.Over there you can
change the settings.
About making the screen lock icon disappear from CDE, I doubt whether
there may be a wayout for that.

Zulfiqar Haider

> Hello,

> How can I tell dtsession under CDE (Solaris8) to completely disallow
screen
> locking by user or by inactivity timeout?

> Thanks,

> Matt

> -=-=-=-=-= Remove *'s for my real E-Mail =-=-=-=-=-

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

How to prevent screen locking by users and idle timeout?

Post by MGR » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 04:00:00

>Disabling Screen locking by inactivity timeout is simple.
>Go to style Manager in CDE, and choose screen saver.Over there you can
>change the settings.
>About making the screen lock icon disappear from CDE, I doubt whether
>there may be a wayout for that.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I need to do this for over 2,000 users. Doing it
manually would take me about a year  :)

I have found a way of removing it from the right-click menu. It involves editing
file in the ~<user>/.dt/en_GB.ISO8859-15/dtwmrc for each user. [NOTE: you will
probably be using a different locale so will have to change directory
accordingly]. Comment out the line that reads:
        "Lock Display"         f.action LockDisplay

Matt

-=-=-=-=-= Remove *'s for my real E-Mail =-=-=-=-=-

1. utility to lock the screen after some idle time?

I'm looking for an utility that allow me lock my screen
automagically after some time of idle time. I'm in a
ELC SPARCstation, running SunOS 4.1.1

Thanks..

edo..

 ////  Matar a un hombre es algo imposible de olvidar, le            ```\
 c-OO  le quitas todo lo que tiene y todo                            OO-c
    \  lo que puede llegar a tener                                   /
   -                                      Supongo que se lo merecen   -
       Todos nos lo merecemos

2. Blank screen when exiting CDE - Solaris 2.4

3. Lock screen after idle for a while

4. ifconfig

5. user accounting & idle timeout

6. BeOS

7. Kppp and RedHat 6.2 revisited

8. Idle timeouts and user checking on SCO UNIX

9. Idle user timeouts?

10. Timeout Idle Users

11. preventing users from locking the display in solaris 7