remote mount Solaris 2.5.1 to SunOS 4.1.3

remote mount Solaris 2.5.1 to SunOS 4.1.3

Post by Pete » Tue, 26 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hello.

I'm looking for some advice on sharing devices, mainly 8,4mm and cdrom
devices.  I have one machine running solaris 2.5.1 and another running
4.1.3.  The machines are NOT running NIS..  Is there an easy solution to
this?  I want it to be setup so the user can access the remote device
the same way he accesses the local device.

Email me directly

Thanks in advance..

Peter

1. mount remote DOS disk on solaris 1 (SunOS 4.1.3_U1) ?

Is it possible to mount the disk of a networked PC (DOS/Win95)on a
machine running solaris 1 (SunOS 4.1.3_U1)? The man pages mention
mounting pcfs floppy disks but not networked hard drives. I have seen
this described for solaris 2.x but unfortuntely I need to stay with
solaris 1 for the time being.

Thanks

Graham

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. ipfw and arbitrary IP protocol numbers

3. Remote mount of CD-ROM using SunOS 4.1.3

4. Problem with Tk scrollbars

5. remote dump with SunOS 4.1.x and Solaris 2.x systems

6. Good book on X programming

7. BSD remote printing environment Solaris 2.3/SunOS 5.3

8. sendmail unknown host

9. Mounting solaris on SunOs and vice versa

10. mount points via getmntent in SunOS + Solaris

11. Where is the mounting point for SunOS:/var/spool/mail on Solaris 2.*?

12. NFS : sunos can't mount, solaris works

13. How to mount a SunOS disk from Solaris