How to configure Solaris 8 for Internet server/gateway

How to configure Solaris 8 for Internet server/gateway

Post by Psychopete » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 06:39:37

Yo, ALL

Who can explain me how to set up Solaris 8 for a Internet gateway/server?
What config files do i need to setup and/or scripts do i need to connect
with
my kabel provider, my IP is given by DHCP.

Hints please,

Greetz,
Peter.

How to configure Solaris 8 for Internet server/gateway

Post by mikeperro » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:41:51

Search the net for Solaris Roadrunner find the doc that has the Heading
Solaris Internet Setup 6.33
It will give you what you need to get your cable modem to work on Solaris

--
Mike Perron
PO Box 1424

Post by mikeperro » Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:34:50

> #
> #   Search the net for Solaris Roadrunner find the doc that has the Heading
> #   Solaris Internet Setup 6.33
> #   It will give you what you need to get your cable modem to work on Solaris
> #

> #
> #  > Yo, ALL
> #  >
> #  > Who can explain me how to set up Solaris 8 for a Internet gateway/server?
> #  > What config files do i need to setup and/or scripts do i need to connect
> #  > with
> #  > my kabel provider, my IP is given by DHCP.
> #  >
> #  > Hints please,

> Gawd, a Road Runner account posting HTML.

Oooh another compliment.

Quote:

> ----

> See if this gets ya up:

>     ifconfig hme0 dhcp start

> Change hme0 to the PeeCee version.

1. FS: Internet Gateway Server (Departmnetal or Internet Server)

New Internet Gateway Server -Department Server for small businesses or
internet server
                         20-300 Users.

100 % Sparc Compatible SS20 base system with SS20 system board, SS20/71
CPU module, 75MHz microSPARC, 1Mbyte SuperCache, 1 to 2 CPU
Multiprocessing capability, 32MByteeCC memory module (up to 512 MB), 2.1
GByte 3.5" SCSI-2 hard drive (up to 73 Gbytes), 4 Sbus slots, Built-In
ISDN, Solaris 2.x RTU license, IGS Software Plug-and-Play Solution
Package (Netscape Navigator, Eudora, POP2/POP3 server, firewall security
software, IMAP Server, Telnet, ftp, anonymous ftp server,SMPT,
Asynchronus PPP, Primary/Secondary/Caching DNS Server, HTML
Administration Tool, System Recovery Tool) Netscape Communications
Server, Mouse, Pizza-Box System Chassis, Cable Set, 644Mbyte internal
SCSI-2 CD ROM         $10,995

--------
Dial up, ISDN or T1 Interface

SS20/81 85 MHz  + $400

SGX 120 8-bit Sbus Graphics Accelerators, GX+, 2Mbyte VRAM, 1280x1024,
CG6   $695

Fast Wide Desktop RAID subsystem with 8MByte cache, built-in 33Mhz Risc
R3000 CPU
pizza box style SS/20 form factor, 6x 1.05 GByte hard drive
$7,900

Fast Wide Desktop RAID subsystem with 8MByte cache, built-in 33Mhz Risc
R3000 CPU
pizza box style SS/20 form factor6x 2.1 GByte hard drive SS20 form factor
 $12,000

**Note** All Raid Drives are hot swappable, if one drive fails it can be
replaced without interuption or data loss (great for news and mail
servers) Drives are enhanced by up to 32 MB cache memory, data stored in
the write cache is protected by a battery backup. Optimized for use with
the Solaris OS, easy to use GUI config tool. Supports RAID levels 0,1,3,5
and 6. On RAID levels 1 through 6, if a drive fails, a data rebuild will
occur automatically to a global hot spare drive. Need I say more?

E-Mail for more Info.
Pete Baldwin

2. ZIP Drive (SCSI), NCR53c810 and Linux Problems

3. how do I configure the internet gateway address on solaris 2.5.1

4. bpms - gone to sleep and reboots?

5. Writing int to std::cout Core Dumps when Linking with libucb.so in Solaris 8

6. Mail Servers/Internet Gateways/Proxy Servers?

7. No TeX available. Why? / Kein TeX verf├╝gbar. Warum?

8. Configuring Linux As Gateway to Internet: Help

9. Setting up shared Internet connection with a Linux client with a Windows 2000 server (gateway)

10. Setting up Internet gateway on Linux machine to server PCs

11. File server/Internet gateway

12. Configure Linux Server to be a gateway for ICQ w98 clients