Parallel port problem on Ultra 5/sol. 2.5.1

Parallel port problem on Ultra 5/sol. 2.5.1

Post by Frédéric Trastou » Fri, 03 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I have a novajet 42proe printer connected to the // port of my Ultra 5
running Solaris 2.5.1.

I usually 'cat' printer files directly on the // port :
cat toto.rtl > /dev/ecpp0

This kind of command works properly on all the other worsktations I have
tried ( Sparc 5, Sparc 10, Ultra 1 ) with /dev/bpp0.

On the ultra 5, after one or two prints, the printer stops before the
end and I have to reboot the worstation to be able to do another print.

Could somebody help me ?

Thanks.

Frdric Trastour.

1. HELP: Problem install Sol 9 or Sol 8 on my Ultra 60

hi all,
got this Ultra 60 with 2c18GB drives. I have beend playing around with
it by pulling out the srive for Windows OS, now i am putting them back
to Ultra 60, and trying to install Solaris 9, but get this error:

Boot loas failed
The file just loaded does not appear to be executable file.

That is the error msg I got.

I also did format and relable those drives ....

I did install Solaris 9 on these two drives OK before.
Please HELP. Thanks

2. Flame my Firewall - Masquerade Masquerade !

3. Ghostscript 2.6.1 on Sol 2.1 with STC Parallel port, HELP

4. tcpview for Solaris 2.5.x.

5. parallel port printer and parallel port superdisk

6. Help with a shell script

7. Multiple parallel ports/IRQ sharing/non-use of IRQ by parallel ports?

8. Compaq Presario 1200XL soundboard/modem problems

9. Parallel Port zip drive on Sol 7 (x86)

10. Sun Ultra Parallel Port /dev/ecpp0

11. How to add a local printer on parallel port of Ultra 10 with Solaris 2.6

12. Ultra Sparc Parallel Port not working?

13. Q: Ultra 5 parallel port