mailtool cannot handle more than 2,000 files in incoming folder

mailtool cannot handle more than 2,000 files in incoming folder

Post by Th.Plag » Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

does anybody heard about the problem (see subject) and knows how
to change/increase that limit ?

I hope someone can help me.

mailtool cannot handle more than 2,000 files in incoming folder

Post by chad schroc » Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Yup, this is one of mailtool's limitiations.

Try using dtmail (/usr/dt/bin), as it also supports MIME
and won't go away with the next release of Solaris.

Of course, if you don't like the system MUAs, there are about
a bazillion other ones available.

chad

--
chad at radix dot net  -  helvetica

1. Mailtool - block incoming ?

: Is there any way to block (discard) incoming mail
: from a certain user before it show up in my mailtool ?
: I'm on a Sun Solaris 2.3 machine.

Try the procmail public domain mail filtering program.

David Van Beveren      || EIS Computers, Inc.

(800) 351-4608         || Call for details.

2. awk=gawk??

3. chmod of all the files and sub folders under one folder

4. GETTING bad with SOLARIS 8 MODEM SETTING-please help!

5. rm folders, sub-folders and files older than one hour

6. After install, have some error

7. xbiff, procmail, and incoming folders

8. ppp troubles with routing tables

9. ne2k-pci (RealTek RTL8029-PCI) cannot handle large files

10. Handling incoming E-Mails

11. Sockets & child processes handling incoming calls

12. windows 2000 shared folder access permission & rules

13. function that handles incoming packets after they've been queued by netif_rx