How Do You Log Off?

Post by Stefan Griffit » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi

I recently become the admin of a solris 2.4 machine to provide DNS for
our NT network, sadly I don't know a think about UNIX are there any
good sources of info on the net, I found some on Solaries but they are
too techincal I need the really basics like how to logon and logoff!

thanlyou in advance for your help

Stefan Griffiths

P.S. How do you logoff?

How Do You Log Off?

Post by Charles Stephen » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

 SG> I recently become the admin of a solris 2.4 machine to provide
 SG> DNS for our NT network, sadly I don't know a think about UNIX are
 SG> there any good sources of info on the net, I found some on
 SG> Solaries but they are too techincal I need the really basics like
 SG> how to logon and logoff!

UNIX for Dummies.  Read that and immediately go to Solaris
Administration.  Then, if you feel bold: Advanced Solaris
Administration (the Solaris books are from SunSoft Press, UfD is IDG
book I think).

 SG> P.S. How do you logoff?

Depends on the shell, but you can try 'exit' or 'logout'.  Or if you
still feel bold, you might even try Control-D (or in the UNIX universe
^D).

cfs
--

Software Engineer (I think)        = "And thus spake the great lawyers:
SunSoft, a SMI Business            =  thou shall not speaketh for Sun or its

How Do You Log Off?

Post by Brian D. Steve » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

: Hi

: I recently become the admin of a solris 2.4 machine to provide DNS for
: our NT network, sadly I don't know a think about UNIX are there any
: good sources of info on the net, I found some on Solaries but they are
: too techincal I need the really basics like how to logon and logoff!

: thanlyou in advance for your help

: Stefan Griffiths

: P.S. How do you logoff?

Well, actually I'm kinda surprised you can get in! (no insult intended).  But to
get out, just type "logout" or "exit".

How Do You Log Off?

Post by Joe Pas » Fri, 19 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Best book hands down is the

"UNIX system Administrators Handbook"

        Nemeth, Snyder, Seebass , Hein

: Hi

: I recently become the admin of a solris 2.4 machine to provide DNS for
: our NT network, sadly I don't know a think about UNIX are there any
: good sources of info on the net, I found some on Solaries but they are
: too techincal I need the really basics like how to logon and logoff!

: thanlyou in advance for your help

: Stefan Griffiths

: P.S. How do you logoff?

Joe Pasko

    "Ok, I admit that I use UNIX because of all the nice games."