NT extensions on UNIX

Post by Ernie Squir » Tue, 05 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hello, I would like to know if there is something called NT extensions
for UNIX running on a Sun netra i 140 with netscape web server. We have
been told that a NT web server can be run on a UNIX box using NT
extensions. I would like to know if anyone has ran across this or is this
even true.

Ernie

NT extensions on UNIX

Post by Pascal Gieng » Wed, 06 Nov 1996 04:00:00

: Hello, I would like to know if there is something called NT extensions
: for UNIX running on a Sun netra i 140 with netscape web server. We have
: been told that a NT web server can be run on a UNIX box using NT
: extensions. I would like to know if anyone has ran across this or is this
: even true.

What do you mean by "NT extensions"? A "web server" is a program designed
to serve data using the HTT Protocol. There is no difference in this way
between a "NT web server" and a "Unix web server".

There are some scripts and programs called "Frontpage extensions", but these
are also available for Unices. They're used by this bloated big
bug-program "frontpage" to save new pages (for example). And only because
Microsoft never heard about the Method "PUT" in HTTP.....

And how do you want tu run a "NT web server"... Most i386 UNICES are
surely NOT binary compatible with NT binaries. So there isn't a NT
web server for Unix... Get a good UNIX server like apache with SSL.

If you want a commercial server, there is still Netscape Commerce server,
existing for quite some Unices.

Pascal
--

                  WWW  : http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/1381/
Das Wort "WINDOWS" stammt aus einem alten Sioux-Dialekt und bedeutet:

1. NT NT NT NT NT NT NT MT

Why is everyone comparing whatever operating system with NT?

*     / - -                           /-----/ /                          *
*    /____  /   / /----/ /----/      /       /     /----/ /---/ /----/   *
*        / / / / /----/ /----/      /       /---/ /----/ /   / /----/    *
*   ___ / /_/_/ /____  /____       /_____/ /   / /____  /   /  ____/     *

---
 t MR/2 t

2. sick Ultra 60

3. NT extensions to run on UNIX

4. NIS..ypserv dies

5. Q. RedHat 5.1 and NT Password Syncronisation with Microsoft NT Unix Option Pack

6. NCLIST exceeded . . . .

7. NT Server, Unix DNS, NT Clients...HELP!!!!!!

8. Forcing SSH on port 80 with iptables

9. NT printer from RH7 - NT thinks it's Unix?

10. NT 4.0 Evaluation (was: Re: Linux/Unix vs NT)

11. Setting up linux extensions on a NT computer

12. NT-Unix war is a contiunation of VMS-Unix war (?)

13. please help, problem with Unix --> NT--> Unix