Telnet login

Post by Terry Lu » Fri, 19 Jul 1996 04:00:00

: I am running Solaris 2.5 on a Pentium 133.  I can't telnet in as root.
: Does anyone know where to change the parameter so I don't have to be on
: the system console to login as root?

Look for the CONSOLE varible in /etc/default/login .

 ||  ||
 \\()//    Terry Lung

||    ||

Telnet login

Post by Bob Thor » Fri, 19 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I am running Solaris 2.5 on a Pentium 133.  I can't telnet in as root.
Does anyone know where to change the parameter so I don't have to be on
the system console to login as root?

Thanx,

Manager, Information and Technology Systems
Independent Advantage Financial
330 Washington Bl. 8th Floor
Marina del Rey, CA  90292
(310)823-5800 x201

1. Telnet looping and No hostname from telnet logins

Im y /var/adm/syslog Im getting alot of recvfrom:Connection refused
when someone tries to login. The login process takes a long time as
well, up to two minute, but eventually they login is made. Then
only their IP address is available using w.

I think I have DNS setup properly.

If anyone can be of some assistance. Your help is muchly appreciated
--
Andrew Cochran                  |To Wit, T-Wooo
Ottawa Ontario                  |

2. ftp forwarding with ipnat??

3. Telnet login screen looks different then login screen on box

4. MetroX and Cirrus 5429

5. how do I disable telnet login with certain user id, only allowing console login?

6. Don't see mounted file systems ?!

7. Restricting telnet login from remoting systems?

8. Linux can′t find the second 3C509 network card

9. telnet login

10. How to get rid of Issue in Telnet login prompt

11. Very slow telnet login

12. How to rerout telnet logins?

13. No telnet login anymore