Kernel configuration on Solaris 2.6 with ORACLE 8.0.4

Kernel configuration on Solaris 2.6 with ORACLE 8.0.4

Post by BARD S├ębastie » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I have 3 instances on my Oracle server. I want to mount my three instances
but Unix don't want to mount the third one. I have this message :

SVRMGR> connect internal
connected.
SVRMGR> startup pfile=initBDSNAP.ora
ORA-600: internal error codes, argument : [SKGMBUSY], [1], [0], [0], [0],
 ], [ ], [ ]
ORA-7279: spcre: semget error, unabled to get semaphore set.
SVR4 Error: 28: no space left on device.
additional information :1
additional information : -268448724
SVRMGR>

Shared memory (ipcs) is fine because i have liberate all the shared memory
before
mounting with ipcrm. Perhaps is it because of the kernel configuration in
the file etc/system.
Are there the lines added into this file at the installation of ORACLE. Can
you tell me if i
must change then for three instances on the sever.

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=8388608
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=200
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=70

Thanks.    S.B.

Post by Jim Glockli » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>I have 3 instances on my Oracle server. I want to mount my three instances
>but Unix don't want to mount the third one. I have this message :

>SVRMGR> connect internal
>connected.
>SVRMGR> startup pfile=initBDSNAP.ora
>ORA-600: internal error codes, argument : [SKGMBUSY], [1], [0], [0], [0],
> ], [ ], [ ]
>ORA-7279: spcre: semget error, unabled to get semaphore set.
>SVR4 Error: 28: no space left on device.
>additional information :1
>additional information : -268448724
>SVRMGR>

>Shared memory (ipcs) is fine because i have liberate all the shared memory
>before
>mounting with ipcrm. Perhaps is it because of the kernel configuration in
>the file etc/system.
>Are there the lines added into this file at the installation of ORACLE. Can
>you tell me if i
>must change then for three instances on the sever.

>set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=8388608
>set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
>set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
>set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
>set semsys:seminfo_semmns=200
>set semsys:seminfo_semmni=70

>Thanks.    S.B.

Oracle is complaining about semaphores, not shared memory:

# oerr ora 7279

07279, 00000, "spcre: semget error, unable to get first semaphore set."
// *Cause:  An error occurred when trying to get first semaphore set.
// *Action: Check errno. Verify that system is configured to have semaphores.
//          Verify that enough semaphores are available.  Additional information
//          indicates how many semaphores were requested.

Try bumping both the number of semaphores (SEMMNS) and semaphore sets
(SEMMNI).

Check the output of "sysdef -i" to confirm it took.  If you see all zeroes
it didn't.   Seems to me I read somewhere, probably sunsolve, that there
was a limit on the number of semaphores you could have.

-Jim G.

Kernel configuration on Solaris 2.6 with ORACLE 8.0.4

Post by ynots.. » Thu, 03 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I have 3 instances on my Oracle server.
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=8388608
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
> set semsys:seminfo_semmns=200
> set semsys:seminfo_semmni=70

> Thanks.    S.B.

I'm running 8.0.4, 7.3.2 and 7.0.16sn12 instances with only

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=131072000

different from the above, with no problems, but you may wish to increase
the semsys parameter values to experiment with your problem..

-   tony

-

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Torsten Hueble » Thu, 03 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> Shared memory (ipcs) is fine because i have liberate all the shared memory
> before
> mounting with ipcrm. Perhaps is it because of the kernel configuration in
> the file etc/system.
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=8388608
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
> set semsys:seminfo_semmns=200
> set semsys:seminfo_semmni=70

> Thanks.    S.B.

Use ipcs -sa to count the semaphores already used by the two running instances.
Maybe you have 8*25=200 semaphores ... just your semsys:seminfo_semmns=200
from /etc/system.
Increase it to >= 300 to have enough for the third instance.

Regards,

Torsten
===

1. Solaris 2.6 / oracle 8.0.5

Install Oracle 8.0.5 on a sun sparc 5 with solaris 2.6 (with patches on)

Oracle has bene installed....

Come to the point where you run root.sh in the orainst directory

Throws a wobbler giving,

"Please raise the Oracle Owner's ULMIT as per the IUG"

No one I have spoken to knows what I am about, and yes, I am a newbie to
this.

Cheers

Paul Fidler

2. New X86 is out

3. load abg problems: Solaris 2.6, OWS 3.0.18.0, Oracle RDBMS 7.3.2.3

4. kernel panic w/1.3.6..Barfing on HD's

5. : Solaris 2.6, VXFS, Volume Manger (vmsa), and Oracle/Sybase/Informix - Performance problems?

6. How can I give netmask address to ethernet?

7. Does Oracle 9i run on Solaris 2.6?

8. Install SuSE ftp-version

9. Connect to Oracle 8i using C on Solaris 2.6

10. Solaris 2.6 & direct I/O for Oracle?

11. Solaris 2.6, Oracle 8.0.4, DBTools 3.1.4

12. Backup of Oracle on Solaris 2.6

13. Oracle on Solaris 2.6