1. Jumpstart solaris 10 b69 and solaris 10 b72 on an Ultra 30
I am trying to jumpstart a Sun Ultra 30 using Solaris 10 b69
(b72 gives the same results) from a Linux jumpstart server.
I have scripts for all this (soon to be release opensource!) but
..although I can get b55, beta5(b60) and b63 and b55 to work
b63 and b72 do not work!
since this is an Ultra 30 I went to
and ran Patch 105930-06 with no problems.
Even now it does not boot.
- bpgetfile shows all parameters can be retreived ok.
- nfs mounts all work
- pfinstall shows the profile is ok
- I've checked the rules file and it is fine.
- The /tftpboot directory is setup correctly with the right inetboot file.
boot net - install
I can see the tftp transfer clock up ok to 38600
The linux server shows the correct mount of the root= directory.
Normally the kernel banner should appear next but instead I get
loads of messages
not found: vmem_create
not found: vmem_alloc
not found: cv_signal
not found: wake_sched_sec
not found: physmax
not found: putreg
not found: fp_precise
not found: ddi_prop_lookup_init_array
not found: sema_v
not found: traceregs
not found: psignal
not found: strcmp
not found: fop_putpage
not found: strcmp
not found: global_zone
not found: fastscan
etc.. and eventually
krtld:error during initial load/link phase
panic - boot:exitto64 returned from client program
and I'm back at the ok prompt
1. From the book "Solaris Internals: Core Kernel Architecture" using
/usr/ccs/bin/dump -Lv /platform/sun4u/kernel/sparcv9/unix
mentions the line NEEDED..dtracestubs
but I cannot find dtracestubs under that /platform directory.
Is this a problem?
2. nm on things seems to indicate the missing symbols are in genunix
but I'm not sure how to debug what is going on??
3. eeprom | grep boot-file give
boot-file: data not available so I assume a 64-bit boot should occur.
On the net I've seen add set moddebug to /etc/system but the
Solaris Internals boot indicates that /etc/system is read AFTER
krtld does an inital link.
I'm totally stumped why this will not work...Any ideas?
2. Running X Windows
3. panic when booting Solaris 8 on Ultra 10 from CDROM
4. User management
5. no cdrom use on Ultra 5 after clean default install of Solaris 10 11/04
6. ATI Rage 128 Pro
7. CDROM eject on Solaris Ultra 10
8. (no subject)
9. upgrade from Ultra-2 to Ultra-10, and Solaris 2.6 to 2.7
10. Ultra-10 / SUN Pengiun / Solaris 10
11. Sleepy Ultra 10/Solaris 10 box
12. ultra 10 / solaris 10, keyboard not responding during installation
13. Installing Solaris 10 on Ultra 10