adding window manager on Solaris?

Post by Bo Gree » Fri, 12 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I would like to add kde as a window manager on my machine, but
I'm still getting used to Solaris 2.6 (Linux is more my game).  X is
not set up the way I expected, and I'm having trouble finding files.
Can anyone direct me?  Specifically, how does the startup screen
work, and can I add kde into the session options?  If not, how can
I substitute one wm for another?
Please reply via e-mail.

Thanks.
Bo Green

Post by Marakani Srika » Sat, 13 Jun 1998 04:00:00

: I would like to add kde as a window manager on my machine, but
: I'm still getting used to Solaris 2.6 (Linux is more my game).  X is
: not set up the way I expected, and I'm having trouble finding files.
: Can anyone direct me?  Specifically, how does the startup screen
: work, and can I add kde into the session options?  If not, how can
: I substitute one wm for another?
: Please reply via e-mail.

I have a similar problem (I am still very new to Solaris). I would like to
install fvwm or Afterstep instead of CDE. I would also appreciate any
information on how X is set up on Solaris. (I am using an Enterprise 450
server).

Thanks,
Srikant.

--
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is
comprehensible"-Albert Einstein

1. how do you open other window managers in a window manager

I like using ICE as my w.m.  but sometimes I like the look of
WindowMaker.  How can I open this up in Ice.

also, can I use KDE as my default and then be able to use Ice or WM as
above?  The only reason I'm asking is that KDE is an environment while
the other two are managers.

also , does anyone know where i can get a tutorial or a good web site
on Ice.  the main site seems to be down or misplaces or something.

2. VIA VT8233 onboard audio with ALSA

3. How to add a window manager?

4. SCSI-Adapter BT948 not detected

5. How to add windows manager to CDE login

6. Installation Problem with RedHat 5

7. Adding a Window Manager to the CDE Login

8. harddisk mounting torubles

9. Linux window manager adds border to a borderless Java JWindow

10. Adding a window manager to KDM

11. Adding window manager to login screen

12. How do I add applications to window manager menus?

13. how to add links in a Window Manager