how to map keyboard keys to sun keyboard ?

how to map keyboard keys to sun keyboard ?

Post by Ramanathan Muthaia » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:12:43

Hi ,
    Does anyone know how to map the keys in a solaris keyboard to
commonly used commands / jobs ? for ex. say mapping a function key to
the su command.

    i am use c-shell at work.

    any links / insights are welcome ?

Thanks
Ramanathan

how to map keyboard keys to sun keyboard ?

Post by jp2.. » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi ,
>     Does anyone know how to map the keys in a solaris keyboard to
> commonly used commands / jobs ? for ex. say mapping a function key to
> the su command.

>     i am use c-shell at work.

>     any links / insights are welcome ?

> Thanks
> Ramanathan

If you use command tool, you can create a .textswrc file in your home
directory and it will map your function keys. The format is something
like this:

F1      FILTER
echo 'some command'
F2      FILTER
echo 'some other command'

Also see the man page for cmdtool. Hope this helps.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Sun Keys on MF-Keyboard (102 keys)

Dear all,

I'd like to configure my Linux X-Keyboard to have
the keys used on Suns as well. How can I manage,
that [PrtScr], [SrcLck], [Pause], [grey -], [grey +]
function as copy, cut, paste, front, open?

The Second problem is, on Xemacs M-w should copy a marked
string into the kill-ring, but my Linux closes the xterm.

What is wrong? All my tries with xmodmap failed.
Thanks for any hint!
Johannes

--

Johannes Heinecke
Computerlinguistik

http://www.compling.hu-berlin.de/~johannes

2. Monochrome display in Solaris 7

3. Keyboard table for 84 key AT keyboard?

4. Make not reading "Makefile".

5. keyboard beep on sun type 4 keyboard

6. Difference between module and driver?

7. keyboard repeat rate on sun keyboard

8. AVA-2825 (Adaptec)

9. replace Sun type 6 keyboard with a "normal" keyboard?

10. mapping extended keyboard keys in vi/ksh

11. Mapping keyboard keys to mousebutton

12. Map "Front" key on a pc keyboard?

13. Linux keyboard mapping for backspace key and shift-tab