Installing optional software from jumpstart post install script

Installing optional software from jumpstart post install script

Post by Daniel R Ehrli » Wed, 22 May 1996 04:00:00

I would like to be able to install the SDK and SunSoft WorkShop compilers
from a jumpstart postinstall script.  Has anyone else been able to figure
out how to do this?  It would be preferable if it could proceed without
human intervention.  We will be installing Solaris 2.5 on ~100 identical
systems and do not relish the idea of having to install SDK and WorkShop
manually.

Dan Ehrlich

--
Dan Ehrlich - Systems Analyst - PSU Computer Science and Engineering
"Universities should be safe havens where ruthless examination of realities

1. language optional software package not installed

Any good samaritans out there willing to help a novice?  I am running
Solaris 2.5.1 on an UltraSparc.  I have SunSoft's C++ compiler which is
installed and running fine.  However, whenever I try to use Make ... I
get the error message:

/usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed

I am guessing that I need to tell my machine that the SunSoft compiler
is the default compiler and where it is located?  I have't figured out
how to do that.  Will somebody give me a hint.

Thanks,

Steve Schvaneveldt

2. Prop with qpopper

3. /usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed

4. How to configure fvwm2 menus

5. cc: Language optional software package not installed

6. Default route being dropped???? Please Help!!

7. auto-install of optional software

8. help a newbie?

9. /usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed

10. cc says: language optional software package not installed

11. language optional software package not installed

12. Installing Optional Software from Free SCO CD