changing scsi host target ID

Post by Vahi » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I am installing two scsi host adpter on two machines to access the same
multipack disk and I need to change the host target id on one of the
pci adapters. Please let me know if you know the way. I will not be
using the on-board adapter at all, systems are E250s if that matters.
Tahnk you,
Vahid.

Post by Niclas Mor » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> I am installing two scsi host adpter on two machines to access the same
> multipack disk and I need to change the host target id on one of the
> pci adapters. Please let me know if you know the way. I will not be
> using the on-board adapter at all, systems are E250s if that matters.
> Tahnk you,
> Vahid.

You have to change to SCSI id of the controller on one of the machines to
something else than 7.
At the ok-prompt do;
scsi-initiator-id=<id>

Make sure the new id doesn't interrupt with any existing device. You will
receive some message regarding SCSI on one machine whenever you reboot the
other one.

 - Niclas

1. 3510 FC array - disk target IDs keep changing during rebuild

Hi

Hopefully this is a faq, but if it is I can't faq'ing find it :PP
Google, you've let me down.

I have a 3510 array on a V440 (Solaris 9 9/05, current Recommended
patch level) and have been setting 7 machines up with Jumpstart. I've
noticed that the disk ID targets appear to be climbing each time I've
jumpstarted the system. Well, perhaps not every time, but I can't work
out why it has some times and not others.

Currently, these are the first disks in my system:

       4. c3t48d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107>

       5. c3t49d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107>

Starting at target 48 !

Anything I can do to bring these back to a more sensible number - and
preferably stop them wandering at all ? I don't want to obsess over it,
but I'm writing some system configuration scripts (and associated
documentation) and I'd rather not gamble that things will change should
someone have to do a rebuild in my absence.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

2. Reinstall LILO

3. ide-scsi, 1394-sbp2 and usb-storage scsi host ids

4. Apache Setup for Virtual Domains and UserDir

5. SCSI disk error : host 1 channel 0 id 4 - L440GX , Adaptec AIC7xx and RedHat SCSI Errors

6. ppp connection problem

7. ide-scsi, 1394-sbp2 and usb-storage scsi host ids

8. GraphicalLogin problem

9. Setting target ID on SCSI H/A

10. Moving Linux install disk SCSI target ID

11. SCSI ID changed after adding SCSI Controller

12. Jumper settings for high targets (8-15) of SCSI-2 host adapter ??

13. SCSI target sense problems (ST-02 host adaptor)...