NIS Installation problem on Solaris 2.7

Post by filip.verbo.. » Sat, 10 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to set up a NIS server on my Solaris 2.7 server (Sun 250)
According to the Sunsolve CD article 12000 3.1I should do the
following thing first :

# cp /usr/lib/NIS.Makefile /var/yp/Makefile

That's my problem, I don't have a file /usr/lib/NIS.Makefile.
In 2.5 they say : (and I quote..)
"Note that Solaris NSKit or Solaris 2.6 does not include an original
Makefile in /usr/lib."
My question is :
Can anyone give me an example of this file -or- where can I find this
file ?
Thanks in advance.

Filip Verborgh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by str.. » Sat, 10 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> I am trying to set up a NIS server on my Solaris 2.7 server (Sun 250)
> According to the Sunsolve CD article 12000 3.1I should do the
> following thing first :

> # cp /usr/lib/NIS.Makefile /var/yp/Makefile

> That's my problem, I don't have a file /usr/lib/NIS.Makefile.
> In 2.5 they say : (and I quote..)
> "Note that Solaris NSKit or Solaris 2.6 does not include an original
> Makefile in /usr/lib."
> My question is :
> Can anyone give me an example of this file -or- where can I find this
> file ?

In Solaris 7, simply install packages SUNWypr and SUNWypu.

--

 Drittes Physikalisches Institut,  Univ. Goettingen
 Buergerstr. 42-44,   D-37073 Goettingen,   Germany

NIS Installation problem on Solaris 2.7

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Sat, 10 Jun 2000 04:00:00

># cp /usr/lib/NIS.Makefile /var/yp/Makefile
>That's my problem, I don't have a file /usr/lib/NIS.Makefile.
>In 2.5 they say : (and I quote..)
>"Note that Solaris NSKit or Solaris 2.6 does not include an original
>Makefile in /usr/lib."
>My question is :
>Can anyone give me an example of this file -or- where can I find this
>file ?

There should be a /var/yp/Makefile in Solaris 2.6 and later
as well as the NSkits

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

NIS Installation problem on Solaris 2.7

Post by Andrew Veni » Sat, 10 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi

One of my customers machines suddenly stopped displaying the desktop
login screen.
It is possible to login on the command line console , after a while
the screen tries (a quick flash of background) to open the CDE
environment and then returns to the console.
Any ideas , hopefully not a new install

Thanks in advance

Andy

1. Solaris 2.7 NIS client cannot log onto RHL62 NIS server

I cannot get Solaris 2.7 NIS client to log onto the RHL62 NIS server.
On the client side I am successful in doing "cd ~testacct" and "su -
testacct" (testacct is an NIS account). So I know the automount is
working. Doing "ypcat passwd" I can see testacct with the encrypted
password in the password field. But when I try logging in using
testacct, I failed logging in after supplying the password. It seems
that the Solaris NIS client knows only to look for the local shadow
file but not the passwd.x map transferred from the NIS server. Can
someone please help me or point me to an FAQ? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
D. Ho

2. Possible to optmiize kernel for MMX ?

3. NIS problem in Solaris 2.7

4. TwinView/TV-OUT problem

5. solaris 2.7 installation

6. SunOS 4.1.x binmail

7. Installing binaries from Solaris 2.7 Installation CD

8. Staroffice compatibility with WordWind** 6.0?

9. missing partition boot record after installation of x86 solaris 2.7

10. radius.3.6B.basic : compilation problem with Solaris 2.7

11. can I install ab Solaris 2.5 to Solaris 2.7 x86

12. memory problem with ptmalloc + POSIX threads on Solaris 2.8/2.7 (32bit)

13. ISP CHAP AUTHENTICATION PROBLEM solaris 2.7 x86