no signal from sparc2 on 3com fast ethernet hub

no signal from sparc2 on 3com fast ethernet hub

Post by Steve Roughto » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I'm trying to connect a Sparc2 to a 3Com 10/100 fast ethernet hub (with
auto-speed detect) in an attempt to to network the Sparc with a Windows
NT Workstation 4.0 machine.  After connecting the cables I re-installed
Solaris (standalone) to enable the ethernet card.  Since I wasn't sure
what IP address to enter, I just entered a fake address.  (Bad, I
know.)  The problem is that the hub is not receiving a signal from the
Sparc, although indicator lights on the Sparc side detect an outgoing
signal -- carrier, or at least power.

Anyone have experience with this?  I've used Solaris but never
administered a system (obviously!). Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Steve Roughton