Solaris 10 - NFS Server for volume management /vol not reponding

Solaris 10 - NFS Server for volume management /vol not reponding

Post by underh2 » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 14:17:48

We encountered a problem on our Solaris 10 server. We were running an
oracle patch "precheck" and it started testing "site specific
libraries",
one of them was NFS server for volume management.

This is the error I received:

NFS Server for volume management (/vol) not responding

The patch just hung.  I notice that NFS server is not enabled to be
online by default under "svcs".  Can this be the cause ?  I used to
just do # cd /vol under Solaris 8.  What's the difference in Solaris 10
?  How could I resolve this issue ?

Also, I notice that mounting CD is not automatic under Solaris 10.
What command can I use to ensure that the CD will be mounted and
rejected.

Thanks,

Humphrey

1. NFS server for volume management (/vol) not responding still trying

Hi gurus

Solaris 2.6 Sparc server giving following message

NFS server for volume management (/vol) not responding still trying

whenever "/usr/sbin/vold" is started.

vold log file says

Thu Jul 27 18:11:40 2000 warning: vold restarted
Thu Jul 27 18:11:40 2000 fatal: mounting of "/vol" failed

Whenever "ls -l"  is executed without vold running, getting the below error
message

NFS server for volume management (/vol) not responding still trying

Please help.

Thanks

Kumar.

2. Multi-threading book

3. NFS server for volume management (/vol) not responding ... ?

4. Adjusting settings on HP855C

5. "NFS Server volume manangement (/vol) not responding still trying.."

6. ** Which way is better? **

7. Solaris Volume Manager in Solaris 10 miniroot

8. Dimond Supra PCI modem under Linux?

9. Does Solaris 8 / Intel vol management have problems?

10. nfs portmap: server 10.122.2.37 not responding.

11. NFS server on Solaris 10

12. "Port mapper on server 10.10.254.75 is not responding"

13. ultra 10 / solaris 10, keyboard not responding during installation