stop the date on a sun ultra-80

Post by art » Fri, 12 Sep 2003 05:00:17

Hi

Is there any chance to stop the date on a sun ultra-80 with solaris 9. I
want the date stay without change. Maybe if I can stop the clock or I don't
lnow. Any suggestion?

thanks

Arturo

stop the date on a sun ultra-80

Post by David A.Leth » Fri, 12 Sep 2003 05:15:18

Quote:>Hi

>Is there any chance to stop the date on a sun ultra-80 with solaris 9. I
>want the date stay without change. Maybe if I can stop the clock or I don't
>lnow. Any suggestion?

>thanks

>Arturo

If you could stop the clock, then you would also stop your O/S.

You'll have to attack whatever problem you have that prompted this
question another way.

Post by CJT » Fri, 12 Sep 2003 05:30:08

>>Hi

>>Is there any chance to stop the date on a sun ultra-80 with solaris 9. I
>>want the date stay without change. Maybe if I can stop the clock or I don't
>>lnow. Any suggestion?

>>thanks

>>Arturo

> If you could stop the clock, then you would also stop your O/S.

> You'll have to attack whatever problem you have that prompted this
> question another way.

Maybe the license expires.  <g>

Post by Tony Walto » Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:31:21

> Hi

> Is there any chance to stop the date on a sun ultra-80 with solaris 9.

No.  What are you really trying to acheive?

--
Tony

1. Ultra 80 stops booting.

I'm stuck on this and not sure where or what happened.

I've got an Ultra 80 that has been configured and working for some time.
The other day, I turned it on to make a final configuration so that I could
ship it to a friend and Nothing.. I could not talk to it via its network or
serial console connection (its headless).

I finally put a monitor on it and all it does is turn on, issue the
following and stop.  No boot messages, eprom stuff nada...

   Can't open input device.
   Keyboard not present.  Using ttya for input and output.

Even without a keyboard it should still boot, show the CPU etc...

but I get nothing after that.

Unit has a single 450MHz CPU, 1gb of ram.

Any clues on what to try?  The unit has been undisturbed in my office at
home but offline for the past month or two.

I will bring home a keyboard in the morning, but don't have one available
until then.

2. V1.2 and newly installed WD 1.28Gb drive

3. kernel: 80 80 80 80

4. pipes question

5. lilo L 80 80 80 80.....

6. partition FAT32 using FIPS

7. Problems with 2970sx Gb Ethenet Card - Sol 2.6 Ultra-80

8. IBM 3590 Solaris 2.6 Ultra-80

9. LILO & SCSI - L 80 80 80?

10. Lilo gives me an "L 80 80 80"

11. LILO "L 80 80 ... 80" Message

12. NetBSD on Sun 3/80 locking up (Re: Sun 3/60)