Fuji MO

Post by Joerg Schreite » Tue, 10 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi Folks,

I'd like to connect my (old) Fujitsu M2511A magneto-optical
drive with SCSI interface (non-wide, non-ultra) to either a sparc 20
running one of SunOS 4.1.3, Solaris 2.5, or Solaris 2.6
or to an Ultra 60 running Solaris 2.5.1.

Fujitsu doesn't give any information other than some drive
parameters such cylinders, heads and spindle speed, reportedly
being necessary for installation on a Sun workstation.

Could anyone give me some hints, how to
a) make a SCSI MO drive work as a block device with changeble
   media like a CD-ROM
b) get the media mounted using some popular MO filesystem as the
   FAT-based Super-Floppy and NSR? The PC drivers by Fujitsu
   speek of these.

If you ask why I'm trying such things:
   addidas-net: a pair of sport-shoes and a diskette

Any hints and suggestions are highly appriciated. Thanks a lot in
advance!

Joerg Schreiter

Dresden University of Technology
Faculty of Electrical Engineering
IEE
Endowed chair
``Hochparallele VLSI-Systeme und Neuromikroelektronik''
(held by Prof. R. Schueffny)

D-01062 Dresden, Germany

Tel.:          +49 (351) 463-3009
Fax.:          +49 (351) 463-7260

Fuji MO

Post by heik » Wed, 11 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Hi Folks,

> I'd like to connect my (old) Fujitsu M2511A magneto-optical
> drive with SCSI interface (non-wide, non-ultra) to either a sparc 20
> running one of SunOS 4.1.3, Solaris 2.5, or Solaris 2.6
> or to an Ultra 60 running Solaris 2.5.1.

> Fujitsu doesn't give any information other than some drive
> parameters such cylinders, heads and spindle speed, reportedly
> being necessary for installation on a Sun workstation.

> Could anyone give me some hints, how to
> a) make a SCSI MO drive work as a block device with changeble
>    media like a CD-ROM
> b) get the media mounted using some popular MO filesystem as the
>    FAT-based Super-Floppy and NSR? The PC drivers by Fujitsu
>    speek of these.

> If you ask why I'm trying such things:
>    addidas-net: a pair of sport-shoes and a diskette

> Any hints and suggestions are highly appriciated. Thanks a lot in
> advance!

You only need the right disk-parameters and can format with ufs. For a
2,6 GByte Sony I used for one Side: 18102 Cyl. 4 heads. 31 sec
For 640 MB use only 2 heads
You can use automounter or volumemanager for mounting

You can use the installation from pinnacle:
http://www.pinnaclemicro.com/install.htm#unixmo
--

#########> (_)
(_) <#########

1. : mo buishet "MO MONEY MO MONEY MO MONEY"

Copy of 'MAKE MONEY' post fowarded to postmaster of origional site "

</MuchDeletia OFF>

|__________        ________ __  HTTP://My.ISP.Give.1.44M.Space<-shit
|\______   \_____ /   _____Y  \__ ____ _____
| |       _/     Y _____  \      Y__  Y     \      RoShan on IRC
| |    Y   \  Y   Y        \   Y  Y  _ \  Y  \   My SIG look funny?
| |____|_  /_____/\______  /___|  /\____\_|  / Try the font "System" in
|        \/              \/     \/         \/ your '\Windows\Fonts' dir

2. {*} POPPASSD with SHADOW Support {*}

3. Fail to mount MO Drive with 640M MO disk

4. DOSEMU-don't need Win 3.1

5. How can I eject a MO-disk from Fujitsu MO-drive?

6. Linux Raw Mode

7. Adaptec 2842VL + IBM MO drive: MO drive error!

8. How to patch ftape-1.14

9. feedback on Fuji Super Eagle drive

10. Fuji Xerox Docucentre 350 as N/W Printer on solaris 2.6

11. Fuji Finepix 1400Z digicam now supported

12. Fuji FinePix 1400Zoom USB camera

13. adaptec aha2742-fuji-1gb