How to get utilization info PER PROCESSOR on a multi-processors

How to get utilization info PER PROCESSOR on a multi-processors

Post by iyo.. » Thu, 12 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

How can I get utilization info PER PEROCESSOR on  a multi-processor
machine?  vmstat gives the average for all the processors.

I know that proctool can help me, but I am looking for a command-line
utility.

Thanks,

Yossi

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Post by David Ann » Tue, 17 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>Hi,

>How can I get utilization info PER PEROCESSOR on  a multi-processor
>machine?  vmstat gives the average for all the processors.

mpstat
** Dave Annis            *  With age comes wisdom,           **
** Kohler Co.            *  if you stay awake along the way. **

Post by Mike D. Ka » Wed, 25 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>How can I get utilization info PER PEROCESSOR on  a multi-processor
>machine?  vmstat gives the average for all the processors.

>I know that proctool can help me, but I am looking for a command-line
>utility.

% man cpustat

Maintenance Commands                                   mpstat(1M)

NAME
     mpstat - report per-processor statistics

SYNOPSIS
     /usr/bin/mpstat [ interval [ count ] ]

DESCRIPTION
     mpstat reports per-processor  statistics  in  tabular  form.
     Each row of the table represents the activity of one proces-
     sor.  The first table summarizes all  activity  since  boot;
     each  subsequent table summarizes activity for the preceding
     interval.  All values are rates (events per  second)  unless
     otherwise noted.
[...]

/mdkail

1. Help required to run application on a single processor on a multi processor machine

Can anybody offer some help.  We have developed a client-server
application where the client starts one or more servers using the
system() function.  The servers respond, as is normal, to requests
made by the client.  Communication between the client and the server/s
is via shared memory.  Our client and server/s combination has worked
well on a single processor machine (Sun Ultrasparc 60 running Solaris
2.6).  Unfortunately, when we try to run the same client-server
application on a Sun multi-processor machine one of the servers will
crash for no apparent reason.  Each time we try to run the program it
will crash at a different point.  When we monitor the running client
and server/s we note that the cpu that the client and server/s
processes are running on, at a given point in time, are frequently
different.  I suspect that switching processors in this way, could be
contributing or indeed the cause of the problem.

I'm therefore, wishing to find out whether it is possible to force the
client and the server/s to run on a single processor on a
multiprocesor machine and that this processor should be the same for
both the client and the server/s.

I would appreciate any help that anyone can give me on this problem.

Many thanks.

Regards,
Adrian.

2. benchmarks

3. CPU Utilization of processes on Multi-Processor AIX boxes

4. Sleep freezing

5. Upgrading A Single Processor To A Multi-Processor

6. Token Ring...

7. Q)if mksysb with Multi-Processor can replace Uni-Processor.

8. Protect files with password ... without the password

9. Matching processors in a multi processor server

10. list processors vs. info processors

11. Solaris multi-threaded and multi-processor programming tools

12. Linux on Multi-Processors

13. Linking multi-threaded app for single- and multi-processor