Just added RAM

Post by jerry englis » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

As the subject says I just added ram to my Ultra 10, an additional
512 Mb. The question is do I have to change some system
parameter to allocate more ram to the user to keep paging
and swapping to an absolute minimum? Opsystem
is Solaris 2.5.1.

thanks

Jerry English

1. Add ram to Linux machine

i know in windows, if i want to update my Pc's memory, all i need is just to
plug in the new memory card, when the pc reboots, it automatically detects
the new memory and updates the memory size.  But in Linux system (I have a
Redhat 7.3), does it follow this same convention (plug and play)?  Do i need
to do some extra configurations in order to make the new ram take effect?
Thank you

2. AIX newbie looks for man - Pages

3. Kernel Panic after adding RAM (RH 8.0)

4. scanner setup

5. Trying to add RAM to my old Pentium 133MHz machine

6. Corel WP and ALPHA - READ!

7. adding RAM causes X to stop working

8. aic 7890 and aic 7860

9. Help - Adding RAM - Linux doesn't recognize

10. Added RAM: BIOS sees it, FC3 doesn't...help...

11. Added RAM now kernel PANICS!

12. HELP!!!!! Kernel Panic after adding RAM

13. OBsd 2.9: I added RAM but can't see the new part