Need proxy arp daemon for Solaris 2.3

Post by George M. Weav » Sat, 15 Oct 1994 07:39:20

Has anyone ported ths old /dev/nit SunOS version to Solaris?

Please reply via email and I will post a summary of responses.

Thanks much.

        -George

Need proxy arp daemon for Solaris 2.3

Post by George M. Weav » Sun, 23 Oct 1994 03:22:44

I received pointers to 2 different Solaris ports of Dave Curry's
1992 SunOS parpd code, which appeared in Volume 26, Issue 159
of comp.sources.unix.  Hiroshi Nakano has made his available at

  ftp.ryukoku.ac.jp:~ftp/Ryukoku/software/svr4-port/parpd-1.2-svr4

and Dave Curry provided me with a set of diffs for a port done by
Brian Onn of the Solaris Migration Centre.  Both are DLPI-based and
are confirmed to be of production quality.

Thanks to all who responded.

      -George

Post by Dave Cur » Sun, 23 Oct 1994 06:57:38

|> I received pointers to 2 different Solaris ports of Dave Curry's
|> 1992 SunOS parpd code, which appeared in Volume 26, Issue 159
|> of comp.sources.unix.  Hiroshi Nakano has made his available at
|>
|>   ftp.ryukoku.ac.jp:~ftp/Ryukoku/software/svr4-port/parpd-1.2-svr4
|>
|> and Dave Curry provided me with a set of diffs for a port done by
|> Brian Onn of the Solaris Migration Centre.  Both are DLPI-based and
|> are confirmed to be of production quality.
|>
|> Thanks to all who responded.
|>
|>       -George

Dave Curry's official version is now available from

        ftp://harbor.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/davy/parpd2.0.tar.Z

Many thanks to Brian Onn of the Sun Microsystems Solaris Migration Centre
for making the port.  There are also some modifications to allow parpd to
run on systems with non-arpable interfaces (such as PPP links) without
difficulty.

Dave Curry
Purdue University

1. does proxy arp not work in solaris 2.3 or 2.4?

I have been trying to use proxy arp on my ppp connection. On the
solaris machine which is the ppp server, I do a

arp -s other_hostname my_ether_addr pub

but I always get other_hostname: no such device or address.
Including if I specify the ip address directly.

What's going on here?

--

2. 1.2.13, Floppy controller tape drives

3. DLPI proxy ARP for Solaris 2.3+

4. Red Hat 6.1 install problems

5. Proxy arp daemon for Solaris 2?

6. named and inetd and init ?

7. proxy arp daemon available for solaris?

8. TCP-Wrapper on hpux 11.x

9. Need source of Telnet daemon for Solaris 2.3/2.4

10. Linux subnet proxy arp daemon for 2.2 kernels

11. proxy ARP daemon for *bsd?

12. Boot Protocol daemon for Solaris 2.3

13. HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link problems