looking for SUN RTU/MEDIA (solaris 2.5)

Post by Renato Ghic » Wed, 21 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I 'm looking for a SUN solaris 2.5 RTU/CD. something that would
give me upgrades in the future for free for at least a year:) as I need
them. I need this for an old SS1+ I have refurbished.

Can anyone point me to the sun link that has the pricing information?
All I found was UPGRADE info, which obviously I don't need if I'm
starting with a "rebuilt" system with no OS.

What does it go for? $400? with the CDE/WABI?

ps: No, I don't have a SUN sales rep.

-rg
(the above are my opinions only)
-renato ghica/citibank

1. FS: Solaris 2.5 Desktop (CDE) and/or Solaris 2.5 Server Packages for x86 desktops

 Hi All,

  Just wanted to pass on some excellent deals on Solaris 2.5.1 software with
the WABI user interface for x86 machines. The WABI allows you to run many
Windows 3.1 applications on a UNIX box, giving you the best of both worlds.
Imagine, running MS OFFICE components like, MS Word for Windows, Excel,
Powerpoint, and interfacing with the functionality of UNIX at the same time.

For a limited time, John Cristy, at Executive Tools, Inc.,
is offering:

  Solaris 2.5.1 User Desktop package for $175.00
  Solaris 2.5.1 Application Server package for $395.00

Ref URL http://www.etools.com for full information and additional products.

They also have a student special (99.00 + shipping)(yes, you read that
right, Solaris 2.5.1 user desktop for $99.00).

Mention my name, Bob Fahey, and he will throw in the Java Workshop for
$85.00. Mention my name anyway, as he wants to know what the response is to
this.
If asked where you heard this, tell them not just the web, but the Newsgroup
you read it on.  Thanks.

The Executive Tools web site URL http://www.etools.com also has some
excellent links to other Solaris and Sun information pages.

 Executive Tools is not associated with this posting, so, if you have any

 replies, good or bad!

--
//signed//

URL http://www.3lefties.com/users/faheyb.html
Famous quote by daughter Elizabeth, "If I was them cows, I'd run away!"

2. Routing with ppp and eth

3. Looking for MIME encoder for Solaris.2.5

4. Alliance promotion

5. Looking for good Solaris 2.5 laptop model

6. no prompt in xterm !!!

7. Looking for Solaris 2.6 SUN Admin Book (SUN 287 , Admin II)

8. Driver thinks Quantum DLT is write protected when it is not?

9. Looking for pre-compiled xpaint for SPARC solaris 2.5

10. Looking for Solaris 2.5 for Intel

11. Looking for CDR software and hardware for Solaris 2.5 sparc

12. Analog for Sun Solaris 2.5

13. Sun sparc 1+ and Solaris 2.5