HElp with SNMP security patch Solaris 2.6

HElp with SNMP security patch Solaris 2.6

Post by Brian Elfer » Wed, 08 May 2002 02:26:26

We've installed the SNMP security patch on a few dozen Solaris 2.6, 7, and 8 boxes.  All went fine except one 2.6
box.

We get the following errer when we try to install the patch:

Checking installed patches...
One or more patch packages included in
106787-17 are not installed on this system.

We've pkgrmed SUNWmibii, SUNWsasnm, SUNWsadmi, and SUNWsacom, and then pkgadded them from the Solaris 2.6 CD.

Still doesn't install the patch.

Any ideas to fix this?

Brian Elfert

HElp with SNMP security patch Solaris 2.6

Post by Lon Stowe » Wed, 08 May 2002 12:31:55

Quote:>We've installed the SNMP security patch on a few dozen Solaris 2.6, 7, and 8 boxes.  All went fine except one 2.6
>box.

>We get the following errer when we try to install the patch:

>Checking installed patches...
>One or more patch packages included in
>106787-17 are not installed on this system.

>We've pkgrmed SUNWmibii, SUNWsasnm, SUNWsadmi, and SUNWsacom, and then pkgadded them from the Solaris 2.6 CD.

>Still doesn't install the patch.

  Solaris 2.6 installs version 1.0.2 of Solstice Enterprise
  Agent.  Suspect your patch is for 1.0.3.

  You don't even want to think about using SEA 1.0.2 versions,
  and do a pkgrm of SUNWsadmi and leave it out permanently.

1. Problem installing security patches on Solaris 2.6

Fellow SysAdmins:

I am having a problem trying to install a security patch, Patch 10833-02
on a Ultra 60 system running Solaris 2.6.

The error message is:

One or more patch packages included in
108333-02 are not installed on this system.

Patchadd is terminating.

Does anybody know what the problem is? I've installed ALL packages
from the CD.

Thanks,

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Cookie Authentication?

3. Old Patch Solaris 2.6 patches for Gauntlet firewall.

4. Reg. ESS soundcard on Redhat linux 4.0 (kernel 2.0.30)

5. Help: security over solaris 2.6

6. Limiting Concurrent Logins by Same User

7. Solaris 2.6 & Solaris 7 security issues

8. Poor Apache 2 performance (relative to 1)

9. Native SNMP utilities in Solaris 2.6?

10. Solaris 2.6 SNMP config question

11. snmp on solaris 2.6

12. solaris 2.6 SEP 1.0.3 snmp

13. Solaris patch/bug report question and Solaris 2.6/7 feature