1. /usr undersized for 2.5.1-> 2.6 upgrade
Well, I normally reinstall from scratch, but in the case of upgrades
you'll probably find that moving /usr/openwin into a separate partition
would be sufficient. On one of our machines:
/dev/dsk/c0t3d0s6 218679 161888 56573 75% /usr
/dev/dsk/c0t1d0s7 288391 91405 196698 32% /usr/openwin
and that's a fully functional install (essentially SUNWCprog less man
pages and some sample code, but well tuned beyond that). Originally it
was running 2.4 with just /usr, I just moved /usr/openwin onto a
separate disk and then did the upgrade to 2.6.
(Mind you, a reasonable chunk of /usr is actually taken up by the
Solstice Backup client.)
If you're ever going to run Solaris 7 in 64-bit mode, you're going to
need a lot more space again.
What are the machines used for? You may not need the SUNWCkcms,
SUNWCutf8, or SUNWCdtdev clusters. You may not need the man pages on
every single host. The static lint binaries (SUNWxwslb and SUNWolslb)
and the sample source code don't need to be on every machine, and you
may be able to live without the demo images (SUNWxwdim).
HGMP Computing Services
2. Ricoh 6201S and Audio recording
3. Undersized VGDA
4. Help: unable to connect to X server.
5. Ping localhost: 0 packets received, 100% packet loss RedHat 6.2
6. my X is black except icons, why?
7. Dropped packets, bogus packets and errors with SMC Elite 16 Plus
8. Newbie Ramdisk Question; Red Hat Rescue disk Questions
9. high packet loss w/ packet size > 1024 byte
10. Duplicate packets on every packet
11. How to convert TCP/IP packet to IPX packet and visa-versa ?
12. IP packets over PPP hang, but LCP packets continue.
13. Packet socket losing packets