Next Major Version of Solaris (9)?

Post by Michael Elle » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 05:34:37

Anyone heard anything - rumor or otherwise - about when we might
expect the next major release of Solaris (Solaris 9?)?  I haven't
heard anything about another release, so I'm just wondering if there
are any current plans.

Thanks,
Mike Ellery

Next Major Version of Solaris (9)?

Post by Mr.Pin » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 15:36:33

http://www.crn.com/Sections/BreakingNews/dailyarchives.asp?ArticleID=...

Quote:> Anyone heard anything - rumor or otherwise - about when we might

Post by Dragan Cvetkovi » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 01:13:53

> http://www.crn.com/Sections/BreakingNews/dailyarchives.asp?ArticleID=...

Hm, the fact that they have written E1000 instead of E10000 doesn't bring
much confidence. From the article:

"Although the spotlight is on Windows XP this fall, Microsoft rival Sun
Microsystems is preparing the launch of a major upgrade of Solaris that
will be optimized for the much anticipated Starcat server, the forthcoming
successor to the E 1000, Sun executives say."

Bye, Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,

To be or not to be is true. G. Boole

1. Next major Solaris 9 cluster

Does any one know when the next major Solaris 9 cluster is to be
released. The most recent one is 09/04 which is getting to be nearly 1
year old. I know that one can down load the Sun Alert clusters which
are kept up to date regularly, however it would be nice to have a more
recent compilation of Solaris 9 without messing around with all the
patches.

Cheers,
J.

2. Switching from win98 to Linux

3. MEDIA: Sun to launch next version of Solaris on Nov. 15

4. Upgrading Kernel

5. When's the next Solaris version coming?

6. Apache on IRIx

7. Shadow passwds and quota in the next major kernel release?

8. writing to EXABYTE tapes using mtio (IOCTL)

9. ssh: Protocol major versions differ

10. Next Version of NetBSD (1.1)

11. Next XFee86 version?

12. Tripwire: Input needed for next generation versions!

13. Release date of next version of SLS