Network monitoring tool

Post by Roel Villeri » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm looking for a good network monitoring tool that can show the load
of the network at that moment. Who know somekind of tool that can do
that?

Thanx,

Roel

Network monitoring tool

Post by Uli Harde » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Try ntop: http://ntop.unipi.it/
Bye Uli

Uli  Harder
www: http://www.metron.co.uk/
Metron Technology Ltd.
Osborne House, Trull Road, Taunton, TA1 4PX

Network monitoring tool

Post by Carsten Schulz-Ke » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I'm looking for a good network monitoring tool that can show the load
> of the network at that moment. Who know somekind of tool that can do
> that?

> Thanx,

> Roel

Have a look at etherman, which still is quite nice. The software is rather old
and the original homepage of it (at some Australian university) vanished, but
it can be down loaded from many places. One of them is
http://www.ja.net/CERT/Software/netman/

Have fun,
Carsten

--
| Carsten Schulz-Key   | Wilhelm-Schickard-Institut |   Technische Informatik |
| Universit?t Tbingen |                            | Sand 13, 72076 Tbingen |

Network monitoring tool

Post by minitr » Sun, 23 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I'm looking for a good network monitoring tool that can show the load
> of the network at that moment. Who know somekind of tool that can do
> that?

> Thanx,

> Roel

Check out Big Brother.  http://bb4.com - does the network load thing,
especially well when integrated with MRTG.  See the online demo at
http://bb4.com/bb/ (look at the MRTG column).

It's free :)

1. UNIX Network Monitoring Tool for A Big Network

We have a large network which is undergoing a great amount of change.
When a user calls we want to be able to tell if there is a network
performance problem or an actual application problem.

I want some UNIX application which will sit in diverse areas of the country
and enter some type of test transaction, after completing the transaction
report the outcome to a central system for data aggregation.

What I'm trying to discern is when I'm having a problem with my "X" based
application's performance or a common garden variety network slowdown.

2. printing remotely from UNIX to Win95 printer

3. Visual Network Monitoring Tools??

4. linux RH bad blocks in iDE

5. GPIB: Anyone with experience?

6. looking for ip network monitoring tools?

7. Timeout a open connection

8. network monitoring tools wanted

9. Visual Network Monitoring Tools??

10. Any network monitoring tool for Solaris???

11. a network monitoring tool

12. Network monitoring tools