In search of user/programmer visible Solaris 2.4 vs Solaris 2.5 differences

In search of user/programmer visible Solaris 2.4 vs Solaris 2.5 differences

Post by Larry W. Vird » Thu, 08 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I have read the Solaris Migration FAQ as well as the longer Solaris 2/FAQ
documents, as well as the April (the newest I have found) version of the
Solaris 2 Porting FAQ.

However, I have yet to see any of the above updated to specifically
include differences attributed to Solaris 2.5 or preferably 2.5.1.

For instance, a local user discovered that /bin/df 's output has changed
again.  This caused his code a problem when it attempted to parse the
output to determine whether a file system was full.

Knowing where these types of things occur allow one to anticipate certain
types of problems .

If you know of a source for such information, please let me know.  If
you don't, please consider posting any such differences - either in
user commands or problems encountered when trying to compile code under
Solaris 2.5.x that compiled under Solaris 2.[0-4] (or for that matter,
types of programs whose binaries worked earlier but no long work properly).

Thanks
--

:s <URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/> <*> O- "We are all Kosh."
:s Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should