COMPLICATIONS GETTING INTO OPEN BOOT!

Post by Zama » Fri, 18 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I have a Sun Ultra Enterprise 2 server. It has no display buffer mouse
or keyboard. I just plug in a vt100 that has a PC keyboard into ttya
for the display. I had Solaris 2.5.1 installed and running fine on
this system until.....

I think my /dev and /bin dirs got corrupted and now when it boots it
freezes after "boot device: disk0". I basically need to know how to
get into Open Boot so that I can do "boot cdrom" and reinstall the
operating system. All the keystrokes such as "L1-A" and "Stop-A" are
useless for me because I have a PC keyboard on the vt100 terminal.
Please let me know how I can get into Open Boot as soon as possible so
I can be up and running again thanx to you guys

Shibli Zaman

COMPLICATIONS GETTING INTO OPEN BOOT!

Post by LTA » Fri, 18 Apr 1997 04:00:00

You have to use break key/pause or ctrl-break to go to boot prom.

LTA