prob with ppp to a nt server

Post by Ralf Meuse » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Does anybody know if there is a possibilty to connect with ppp
to a NT server.

I'm using Solaris 7 and I hear that it don't work.

Thanks in advance

Ralf Meuser

prob with ppp to a nt server

Post by Andrew Sun - UCE revokable accoun » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Yes, it's possible.
What Solaris PPP software (aspppd?)?  Do you have specific problems?

Be sure that the WinNT 4.0 server end
is configured to accept clear text authentication.

> Does anybody know if there is a possibilty to connect with ppp
> to a NT server.

> I'm using Solaris 7 and I hear that it don't work.

> Thanks in advance

> Ralf Meuser

andrew
--
"Using & Managing PPP," March 1999, http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/umppp

1. NT NT NT NT NT NT NT MT

Why is everyone comparing whatever operating system with NT?

*     / - -                           /-----/ /                          *
*    /____  /   / /----/ /----/      /       /     /----/ /---/ /----/   *
*        / / / / /----/ /----/      /       /---/ /----/ /   / /----/    *
*   ___ / /_/_/ /____  /____       /_____/ /   / /____  /   /  ____/     *

---
 t MR/2 t

2. Formatting scsi disk problem

3. Windows NT 3.51 as PPP server and Linux PPP client

4. success!!! from a complete Linux idiot

5. NT Web Server : Seeking beta testers for Windows 95, Windows NT Web Server

6. ! Toner Cartridge Service

7. PPP server probs

8. Ugh! Patched version Eric Young's SSL httpd?

9. more PPP probs: server assigns ip 0.0.0.0

10. PPP server/mgetty prob

11. Windows client can't see NT domain when passing through a Linux PPP server

12. ppp to win nt ras server

13. DHCP, PPP and Microsoft NT as server ?