x86 sol7 CDE just stopped working??

Post by Joe Senne » Mon, 10 May 1999 04:00:00

all seemed to be working fine for several weeks. I log out, then the
next
day when I log in CDE doesn't start up. I get the usual login screen and
the solaris welcome screen. the desktop flashes the expected background
for
about 2 seconds then goes black. the cursor changes to an arrow and
after
a long delay I get the one dtterm window I left open when I last logged
out.
nothing else. the rest of the screen is black. another account that had
several windows open restores those windows but you can't select them.
I tried a command line login and removing everything .dt in my $HOME. no
effect. I get the dialog to choose cde or openwin then the same thing.

window manager not starting? why? I ran kdmconfig and it works fine.
the only thing the system was used for previous to the occurance was to
telnet out to some other systems. I guess I'm going to have to break
down and learn about CDE :) any pointers (direct or indirect)
apprecitated.

thanks...

1. ppp not working with sol7 x86

Go to www.kempston.demon.co.uk  there is a page on setting up PPP to
certain ISP's and also a gerneric one, where you supply some of the info
yourself.

--

Regards

Mark Casey              Unix Admin & Support
Proser Limited          Tel 0966 411910 Fax 07970 432472

2. Can't browse 1.9.18p1 server - Any ideas ???

3. CDE on Sol7,8 + xfce or fvwm2

4. Help: ISDN and firewall

5. Help: Boot error "File not found" sol7 x86

6. Multiple Processors on Ultra 2s

7. Sol7 x86, xfree86 server dies: no free VT

8. new IDE drive seems to disconnect on my SCSI system, why??

9. Newbie Question for Sol7/x86 and GCC

10. Compile VNC on Sol7/x86

11. modem connetction on sol7 x86

12. driver: drv_usectohz() broken? (sol7 x86)

13. Xircom CEM33 driver for sol7 x86?