getting rid of 'Lame server on ...' messages

getting rid of 'Lame server on ...' messages

Post by jl gom » Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Upgraded one of the DNS machines to the latest cluster patch
and now it's filling up the /var/adm/messages file with loads
of "Lame server on 'xxx': learnt (A=xxx)"

How do I turn off these messages? Thanks.
Post a follow-up here or leave a message to
jlg 'at' enteract.com

1. Getting rid of 'lame server' syslog messages

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the "lame server" syslog
messages?

I know what they mean, but I really don't care if there is a lame
server on somebody elses machine. All it does is waste disk space, and
make my syslog harder to read and sort.

regards,
Patrick

2. Help, reducing /var/adm/wtmp

3. 'Lame server' message fom DNS?

4. True 2.0.36 redhat distribution

5. How to: Get rid of login's message (another 'issue' file?)

6. Unable to compile kernel

7. 'at' jobs - getting rid of mail

8. Matrox Millenium 2

9. Getting rid of 'old' kernels

10. Getting rid of 'xeyes'?

11. Getting rid of 'you have mail'

12. Getting rid of horrible 'Penguin' splashscreens in Mandrake 7.2...

13. Getting rid of 'nologin'