LaTeX for Suns- where?

Post by joe tu » Sun, 12 Mar 1995 06:43:34

I'm looking for the scientific word processing software*
to run on a Sparc station.  I believe that this was developed
by MIT and is available somewhere over an anonymous FTP.
If anyone has any ideas where to find the files needed for
installation, I would greatly appreciate a short email with
the location and info.  Thank you.

--Joe Turk

--
Joe Turk
Department of Electrical Engineering

LaTeX for Suns- where?

Post by Nelson Bro » Thu, 16 Mar 1995 00:55:25

>I'm looking for the scientific word processing software*
>to run on a Sparc station.  I believe that this was developed
>by MIT and is available somewhere over an anonymous FTP.
>If anyone has any ideas where to find the files needed for
>installation, I would greatly appreciate a short email with
>the location and info.  Thank you.

You'll be able to find just about everything at ftp.shsu.edu.
TeX was first developed by Donald Knuth, and extensions by a cast of
thousands have flourished. Installation is not easy, but you should be
able to get the hang of it once you've done it 3 or 4 times. Just
make sure you read all of the docs carefully a couple of times.
Technophiles and grammarians can debate the difference between a
word processor and a typesetting package, but*is considered
the latter.
--
                                        Nelson R Brown

Life if fragile. Everything else is kleenex in a hailstorm. - N.B. original

1. latex on SUN

I am using the freely available Solaris-package for TeX and Metafont on
my SUN 20, Solaris 2.5.
After installation it turned out that hyphenation was not available. I
changed a few things (german support...) in the lplain-file and ran
initex to build a new latex.fmt. Without success - hyphenation is still
not available.
Any suggestions why?

Thanks,
-Bernhard Mayr

--
Bernhard Mayr                                                  Kapsch AG
Snail Mail: Wagenseilgasse 1, A-1121 Vienna, Austria

Telephon: +43 (1) 811 11 x3507                 Fax: +43 (1) 811 11 x3405

2. trivisl sg.c compile warning fix

3. Latex versus Word. Does MS use Latex?

4. New mailing list available!

5. LaTeX (latex.fmt) in SLS 1.03, bum copy?

6. Raw data from floppy -- correction

7. project SUN N1, SUN PFTS, SUN SOUS

8. I need an emacs manual

9. E250 vs. Sun Blade 2000 vs. Sun Fire

10. Slackware give me segmentation fault when running tex/latex

11. Where on earth can I get LaTeX?????

12. Latex installation