IDPROM error

Post by how.. » Tue, 30 Mar 1999 04:00:00

writes:

Quote:> Hi, I am using Solaris 5.4.  When I boot up my system (SunSparc2), it
> said "IDPROM error".  What does it means and how to fix it?  Thank
> you for the quick reply.

Your nvram may have gone bad and need to be replaced or just reconfigured.
Check

http://www.squirrel.com/squirrel/sun-stuff.html

For what to do

1. IDPROM error...

I have a Sparc IPC running SunOS 4.0.3.  Recently I tried to
reboot the system and got "IDPROM contents invalid" error
and it stopped booting.  Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

Thanks.

Han

2. Lilo reinstallation

3. IDprom errors

4. patch to 1.2.x and proxy-arp

5. Have IDPROM Error Message

6. A legal question

7. IDPROM error

8. Terminal Emulator using FontSets?

9. IDPROM issues (IDPROM contents are invalid) etc - help please

10. IDPROM checksum incorrect. error

11. FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about Sun NVRAM, IDPROM, hostid