Sharing Internet Utility?

Post by gkrani » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 22:30:48

How can i share an IP address that is on a Ultra Sparc 5 with Solaris 8
,that has Internet access through a LAN ,with a hub to some WINNT4 for
Workgroups clients? A several utility for WINNT is the PRO LAN Suite
Software, but the problem is that the internet access maschine must be on a
Solaris!

Sharing Internet Utility?

Post by Nathan Dietsc » Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:09:42

gkranis,

I don't think you quite understand the concept of routing.

Set up your connection to the internet on the Ultra 5. Set the default route
to your ISP.

Set all machines behind it to go through the Ultra 5.

Simplified version of what you have to do.

Nathan

Quote:> How can i share an IP address that is on a Ultra Sparc 5 with Solaris 8
> ,that has Internet access through a LAN ,with a hub to some WINNT4 for
> Workgroups clients? A several utility for WINNT is the PRO LAN Suite
> Software, but the problem is that the internet access maschine must be on
> Solaris!

1. Win2K/RH 8 Network Share + Internet Share

Scott Tribble enlightened us with:

Google for 'samba' (file & printer sharing) and 'iptables' (firewall &
connection sharing). Also make sure you visit http://www.tldp.org/

Sybren
--
| Somebody ought to cross ball point pens with coat hangers so that |
| the pens will multiply instead of disappear.                      |

2. How to setup a CGI server with FreeBSD2.2.6?

3. connect a linux machine to the internet via internet connection sharing

4. Installing bigger disks, with SVM

5. Sharing shares across the Internet .. possible ??

6. Kompiling KDE2

7. Help with sharing internet sharing on my win2k box

8. slrn and USER variable

9. Sharing shares across the Internet .. possible ??

10. Linux Internet Utilities

11. Internet Utilities

12. A New Internet-Search Utility

13. Utility desired for determining ISP-assigned IP address from remote location/over the Internet