newer TI-RPC (RPCSEC_GSS) distribution?

Post by Zoltan Glozi » Mon, 02 Jun 2003 22:17:43

Hi All,

Does anybody know where to find the latest release of Sun's RPCSEC_GSS (RFC
2203) implementation? The one available at
http://soldc.sun.com/tools/index.html is at least 4 years old, and I am sure
there have been lots of bug fixes since 1999.

Or if somebody knows other open source implementation of the above standard,
would you please let me know...

Thanks,
Zoltan

1. RPC Callbacks in TI-RPC [Solaris 2.2]

Hopefully this is a simple question for the TI-RPC knowledgable.

I'm trying to migrate an application from the old non-TI RPC to TI-RPC
under Solaris 2.2.  I'm having some trouble with RPC callbacks.

The older version of the system uses a code fragment from the old SunOS
docs that returns a transient program number by iteratively doing a
pmap_set until it hits an unused program number (pmap_set takes a protocol,
such as IPPROTO_UDP, and so is not transport-independent).

I'm trying to replace this with a bit of code which uses rpcb_set.  I've
got all of the arguments to rpcb_set down, except for the struct netbuf *
that gets passed in.  I'm assuming that this is the address of the server+
service that I'm trying to establish, but I don't know how to get this netbuf.

netdir_getbyname() looks like it would do the trick, except that I have
to pass it the name of the service I'm looking for as a member of its
nd_hostserv argument.  Since this is a transient service used for callbacks,
it doesn't have a registered name.

There may be multiple clients (acting as transient servers for the purpose
of answering callbacks) on a host at a given time, so I can't do something
like hardcode in a program number; I really do need a transient program
number that I can guarantee is not in use.

Unfortunately, the RPC docs no longer have a section on RPC callbacks. :-)

Can anyone offer a clue as to how to do this?

Thanks,
-keith

----

multimedia computing group / georgia tech       404.894.6266
graphics, visualization, & usability center         atlanta, ga  30332-0280

3. TI-RPC (ONC+ RPC) for Linux

4. Slackware 1.2.0 - Telnet & ftp problems

5. RPC 4.0 vs RPC 4.1 vs TI RPC

6. Matrox Millenium, #9 Imagine 128..supported?

7. TI-RPC, Has anyone ported it to Linux?

8. sysrq-t followup to possible reiserfs bug

9. TI-RPC programming question (yet another...)

10. which is better? Socket or ONC TI-RPC

11. where the ONC TI-RPC rpcgen for ULTRIX can be find?

12. Sun TI-RPC problem

13. TI-RPC