Solaris 10(Sparc) Fireengine push another stream module

Solaris 10(Sparc) Fireengine push another stream module

Post by Sid » Sat, 18 Dec 2004 16:27:24

James,

Thanks,

Quote:> I would like to capture the loopback traffic along with
> tcp. In Earlier version of solaris i have put a stream module between
> tcp-ip modules.

Doing so was never a supported feature, as the interface between those
two was undocumented.

**********It works well with solaris2.9/2.8/2.7, i have created my own
stream module and pushed it between the tcp/ip layer..****************

Regards

Siddharth

Post by James Carlso » Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:12:22

> Doing so was never a supported feature, as the interface between those
> two was undocumented.

> **********It works well with solaris2.9/2.8/2.7, i have created my own
> stream module and pushed it between the tcp/ip layer..****************

Sure.  It did work, but it wasn't a documented or supported interface,
and now it's gone.

There are many undocumented interfaces in Solaris.  It's best if
application writers can avoid them, as applications written using just
the documented interfaces will survive patches and other upgrades.
Applications that use undocumented interfaces may stop working
essentially without warning.

I realize that doing so isn't always possible.  If you need a
supported interface, and we haven't provided one (supported interfaces
are documented in the system man pages), then please make sure that
you file an RFE.

We can't support applications that use undocumented kernel interfaces
any more than we can support applications that use 'nm' to find handy
but undocumented symbols in system libraries.

--

Sun Microsystems / 1 Network Drive         71.234W   Vox +1 781 442 2084
MS UBUR02-212 / Burlington MA 01803-2757   42.497N   Fax +1 781 442 1677

1. Solaris 10(Sparc) Fireengine push another stream module

Hi,

Could any body let me know how to push my own stream module between
tcp and ip layer as TCP and IP became single module in Solaris10 &
they have eliminated the streams layer between these two modules  .

Also in solaris 10 the output of the strconf  </dev/tcp shows me the
tcp modules doesn't shows me the upper layer (ip) stream. When i try
to load my stream module manually the strconf shows two tcp  modules
instead of showing tcp and my own module.

Thanks in advance

Sids

2. HELP! SOS! I changed root entry (shell field) in passwd file and now I can log in as root! HELP!

3. Solaris x86 failure to push streams module into network stream

4. Mouse Sensitivity in X

5. What happens if a stream module is pushed onto multiple stream driver?

6. lilo.conf

7. How to push STREAMS module into socket stream

8. Ultimedia external speakers problem

9. Difference between Sparc 2, Sparc 10 and Ultra Sparc 10

10. Sparc 10 vs. P3 800MHz - Web Server (and Sparc 10 value)

11. Does the IOMEGA JAZ drive work with SPARC-4, SPARC-10 running , solaris?

12. How to push a module onto an existing STREAM?

13. Pushing arbitrary STREAMS modules over an IP connection