mount copy protected cd

Post by Urs Eberl » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 23:21:07

Anyone had success in mounting a copy-protected music CD on solaris? I want
to play that music on my sun box...

--
Cheers...Urs

mount copy protected cd

Post by Martin Pau » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 23:36:41

> Anyone had success in mounting a copy-protected music CD on solaris? I want
> to play that music on my sun box...

I assume this depends a lot on which copy-protection scheme is used
on this certain CD. AFAIK they usually work by confusing the hardware
(the CDROM drive), so I don't think there's a software workaround.

The non-technical answer of course is that you should return the CD
to where you bought it, and get your money back. It's broken.

mp.
--
                         Martin Paul | Systems Administrator

Liechtensteinstrasse 22, A-1090 Wien | Tel: 01 4277 38803
        http://www.par.univie.ac.at/ | Fax: 01 4277 9388

mount copy protected cd

Post by Alberto da Silv » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:56:51

Quote:> Anyone had success in mounting a copy-protected music CD on solaris? I want
> to play that music on my sun box...

> --
> Cheers...Urs

Strictly speaking it's not a CD
Philips who own the Compact Disk logo recon the disk is not recorded according to the specs.

See story on http://www.theregister.co.uk

Alberto

1. Copying Copy Protected CD-ROMs

Some game CD I copy with cdrecord don't seem to
work at play time. These are games that I have purchased
and I would like to back them up. I'm I dreaming
or are  these CDs "copy protected"?

Is there a to make a backup with dd or something?

2. Reinstalling X on Redhat 5.1

3. Can dd copy copy-protected CD's?

4. April 28th Meeting for NY Fair Use: PLEASE ATTEND

5. Can Linux be used to copy copy-protected CDs?

6. Where are the NETALIAS Patches?

7. (1 on 1 copy for CD) CD copy of PSX-CD's

8. Ncurses and forms

9. Copy protected CD?

10. Linux and Copy Protected CD's

11. Using dd to copy copy-protected floppies

12. Problem- Video CD- CD to CD copying- Does not play in hardware player

13. CD to CD copying using cdrecord- trashed two CD's