ldap client pre solaris8

Post by Phil » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 13:04:18

Is there any software for an ldap client on pre solaris 8 that is built for
solaris? 8 works great for ldap authentication but pre -8 ??

ldap client pre solaris8

Post by Louis Ho » Sun, 22 Apr 2001 04:38:57

 see  http://www.padl.com/nss_ldap.html

> Is there any software for an ldap client on pre solaris 8 that is built for
> solaris? 8 works great for ldap authentication but pre -8 ??

1. NIS v/s LDAP and LDAP compatible to pre-Solaris 8

Hello ALL,

I have been looking for documentation on the comparision of these two
naming service(NIS and LDAP). I haven't found much yet. So I am coming
here hoping to get some responses.

But I believe NIS/NIS+ is not going to be supported in Solaris in the
near future so I would like to go with LDAP. I read that LDAP does not
support pre-Solaris 8 clients. I can not find out what exactly this
means, except I read in the Blueprints book that the nsswitch.conf
file has a LDAP option added for Solaris 8.  I know nothing about
ldap, but know I need that option for it work on any version.

We currently use SUNs LDAP now. Before we implement this into
production we plan on creating a test environment, but I need to
determine if LDAP is compatible to pre-Solaris 8 for this purpose. If
its not, then we will need to go with NIS or NIS+.

Does anyone have any knowledge of any LDAP docs that would discuss its
compatibilities to earlier OS versions and compatibilities to NIS? Or
know that in fact it is compatible with all versions to use as a
naming service in place of NIS/+?

TIA!!

Rivers

2. mouse clicking problem

3. solaris ldap client and AD ldap server

4. Web Site Security

5. M$ word descrabler---pre-pre-pre-release

6. A DNS Problem

7. Minimal software needed to run LDAP client and SSL client

8. Printer HP Deskjet 722C series

9. LDAP between Windows2000 ActiveDirectory and Solaris8

10. LDAP in solaris8

11. LDAP-Sync between W2kAD and Solaris8

12. LDAP for Solaris8 on i386

13. C++ app built on Solaris8 Generic_108528-07 crashes on Solaris8 Generic_108528-07