Veritas Database Edition for Oracle 8i in an OPS(Oracle Parallel Server) environment

Veritas Database Edition for Oracle 8i in an OPS(Oracle Parallel Server) environment

Post by Tracy Willia » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 00:59:47

We are a small software development company in the process of
configuring an OPS environment. Our environment will consist of:
Oracle 8.1.7 - OPS
Veritas Database Edition/Advanced Cluster 1.0 for Oracle8i
(2) Enterprise 450 servers running Solaris 8

The missing link is the disk array. The only disk arrays supported by
Veritas for the Database Edition/Advanced Cluster 1.0 are the EMC
Symmetrix or Hitachi 9900 series. These storage systems are more than
what we need in our development environment. I'm looking to see if
there is anyone out there who is running the Veritas Database Edition
with a Sun A5200 or similar storage system.

Thank you.
Tracy Williams

Veritas Database Edition for Oracle 8i in an OPS(Oracle Parallel Server) environment

Post by RdeT » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 07:48:00

Quote:> We are a small software development company in the process of
> configuring an OPS environment. Our environment will consist of:
> Oracle 8.1.7 - OPS
> Veritas Database Edition/Advanced Cluster 1.0 for Oracle8i
> (2) Enterprise 450 servers running Solaris 8

> The missing link is the disk array. The only disk arrays supported by
> Veritas for the Database Edition/Advanced Cluster 1.0 are the EMC
> Symmetrix or Hitachi 9900 series. These storage systems are more than
> what we need in our development environment. I'm looking to see if
> there is anyone out there who is running the Veritas Database Edition
> with a Sun A5200 or similar storage system.

> Thank you.
> Tracy Williams

I have run DBED for Oracle using A5200's with excellent results.  This site
was designed to be clustered, but VCS was not implemented.  Veritas lists
the hardware requirements for DBED/AC for Oracle 9i as: "Storage device that
supports SCSI-III Persistent Group Reservations ".  It would seem odd for
Veritas to exclude the Sun StorEdge products.

Oracle World will be in San Franciso Nov 10-14.  The exhibition floor would
be a good place to visit both Sun and Veritas...I received excellent answers
to my storage questions there last year.

RdeT

1. Oracle Hot Standby and Veritas Database Edition H/A

Veritas Database Edition H/A for Oracle for Sun E4500s includes File
System, Volume Manager, CVS, and CVS Agent for Oracle.
This will enable file system management with increased performance.
This product also seems to provide the ability for hot and cold backups.

If I use the the above product, it doesn't seem as though the Oracle
Hot Standby feature is necessary to provide a hot backup server. Is
this true? Are both products needed to provide a hot backup server?
Thanks.

-Ray

--

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. lack of linux billionaires explained in one easy message

3. anyone using veritas database edition 3 for oracle??

4. *NOTICE* UMSDOS/sendmail8.6.9 incompatible

5. summary on how to build a oracle parallel server sun OPS cluster sc 2.2

6. POSIX Threads

7. Oracle Parallel Server (OPS) on Sun Cluster

8. select and fork

9. D1000, Veritas, and Oracle Parallel Server questions

10. Urgent: Veritas Oracle db edition

11. Server class or workstation class installation for Oracle 8i?

12. Oracle announce Oracle 8 and SERver for linux