Solaris OpenWindows 3 FileManager Problem - Lost Folders - On Bad Rename

Solaris OpenWindows 3 FileManager Problem - Lost Folders - On Bad Rename

Post by Wayne Collin » Wed, 24 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I am using a SUN SparcStation 5 with Solaris 1.1.2 - SunOS 4.1.4 and
OpenWindows 3 and I am having a problem with OpenWindows Fule manager 3.
When using the OpenWindows FileManager V3 Application to display a directory
tree on the top of the window and file icons below, if we select a directory
icon ( either in the tree on top or in the file window ) and Drag It ever so
slightly, and drop it on itself ( usually by accident ) the error message
"rename invalid argument" occurs and the directory is GONE ( never to be
seen again ). Is there any way to recover from this and restore the Lost
Directory.
It seems to me that OpenWindows should give some warning in this case before
dispersing your data into the ether.
We are finding that the safest way to do file management on the Sparc is to
do it from a Windows 98 machine using CuteFTP across the network. Windows 98
for Sparc anyone ?

Please Help
Wayne Collins

OCEANS Ltd.

1. Solaris OpenWindows 3 FileManager Problem - Lost Folders - On Bad Rename

[...]

2. Appletalk

3. "Invalid Folder Specification.." Filemanager problem

4. Can deliver be set to auto-respond?

5. filemanager in openwindows

6. communicating with a postscript printer

7. Mass renaming of files and folders

8. How to make Linux support Dual Pentium

9. Renaming multiple files in the same folder

10. Rename Folder or Program name

11. problem with filemanager in solaris 2.3

12. 2.4.21 IDE problems (lost interrupt, bad DMA status)

13. folder on fat32-partition lost