memory usage of objectserver

Post by Robert Grae » Sat, 06 Dec 1997 04:00:00

On our IRIX 6.2 machines we have 64 MB RAM
and 300 MB swap. From time to time the command
'swap -l' shows that less than 100 MB swap is
free EVEN WHEN no user processes are working
any more.

I tried to search for this memory leak and
found that after killing the 'objectserver'
process nearly all of the swap space was
released.

Is this a known bug in the objectserver?
Can I safely deactivate the objectserver
(I do not need all the Cadmin programs)?

Thanks for any hints!

Robert

memory usage of objectserver

Post by Bob Palowo » Sun, 07 Dec 1997 04:00:00

says...

Quote:> On our IRIX 6.2 machines we have 64 MB RAM
> and 300 MB swap. From time to time the command

You bought the wrong system or your in the wrong newsgroup.
You might want to try posting to one of the sgi newsgroups as
you might get a quicker answer to your problem.

---Bob