I Need a Sybase DB Server on my solaris x86 box !!!!!!

I Need a Sybase DB Server on my solaris x86 box !!!!!!

Post by Levyt » Sat, 06 Dec 2003 09:29:17

I intend to install Solarix x86 v10 ASAP.

 Need to locate a Sybase DB or the know  how to get one running
on the above.

 Know ASA 7.0.4 was last release for Solaris x86, but where can I get it now
?

 Think there used to be a version of ASE (11.0.3 ?) that ran on Solaris x86.

Have heard that Linux ASE 12.5 *may* run on above with aid of lxrun,
most of a linux install, duck tape, and a rabbit's foot.

 Would prefer hacking and slashing and old version to get it to run on V10
 than have half a linux setup that "might work".. bit of a purist thing for
 me.

 Have tried searching NET (using ftp search sites) for ASA 7.0.3 for sol
x86,
 but to no avail.

 Yes I know Linux ASE 12.5 runs luvely on MDK 9.1/RH9 and others, but I need
 sybase on good ol Solaris.

 Anyone any sugggestions.. ?

Yes, I am willing to hack scripts, patch executables,
 binary edit .a's, .so's., change _main to _Main in libcrt0, use "strings"
 naughtily  and whatever.. Been doing that on SunOS/Solaris::Sparc for 9
 years... B-]

Post by Phil Brow » Mon, 08 Dec 2003 19:42:42

> I intend to install Solarix x86 v10 ASAP.

>  Need to locate a Sybase DB or the know  how to get one running
> on the above.

>  Know ASA 7.0.4 was last release for Solaris x86,

bzzt.

go to   http://eshop.sybase.com

click on database servers.

select ASE, 12.5.1, english, sun solaris x86

pay the money, get the product.

currently, the ASE "small business edition" is $1495, it seems.
or not. the pricing chart is a little wierd to understand.

Hmmm....  the 12.5.1 enterprise edition is NOT available yet for
solx86, it seems. no idea what the difference in feature set is. My bet is
that you should mentioned to a sales droid that you want the full version,
and they will fall all over themselves trying to get you a good ship date.
but meanwhile, you should buy the small business edition, and arrange for
sane upgrade pricing ahead of time.

Post by Levyt » Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:55:32

> > I intend to install Solarix x86 v10 ASAP.

> >  Need to locate a Sybase DB or the know  how to get one running
> > on the above.

> >  Know ASA 7.0.4 was last release for Solaris x86,

> bzzt.

> go to   http://eshop.sybase.com

> click on database servers.

> select ASE, 12.5.1, english, sun solaris x86

> pay the money, get the product.

> currently, the ASE "small business edition" is $1495, it seems.
> or not. the pricing chart is a little wierd to understand.

> Hmmm....  the 12.5.1 enterprise edition is NOT available yet for
> solx86, it seems. no idea what the difference in feature set is. My bet is
> that you should mentioned to a sales droid that you want the full version,
> and they will fall all over themselves trying to get you a good ship date.
> but meanwhile, you should buy the small business edition, and arrange for
> sane upgrade pricing ahead of time.

Thanks.

1. ** URGENT **Still Need Sybase DB for Solaris x86

This is kinda urgent, Doing evaluation first, spend later.

Anyone know a link to download any Sybase DB
for Solaris x86 ? (Eg ASA 7.0.x).

Will buy ASE 12.5 sol x86 later if Platform supports business function.
haven't
seen eval version of ASE 12.5 for sol x86 yet.

And not interested in Linux+ASE at his time.

Also, considering derezing Sol 10 install for Sol 9 instead, as Sol 9 is
tested
and not Beta, any thoughts from the Gurus.

Thanx for info and no flames in advance.

2. SiS 6326

3. ODBC driver / SQL Server DB-Lib for Solaris x86

4. Hard Disk Problem (DRQ)

5. Solaris as client to NT Sybase SQL Anywhere db?

6. Software Configurable IRQs

7. Help to start with c/Sybase/DB-Library on Solaris

8. 3com 3c508 driver needed.

9. SYBASE db-lib and solaris threads

10. Setting up a WWW server on a Solaris 2.4 x86 box.

11. Sybase for Solaris x86

12. Need help on Raidzone NAS box (linux-based) as NFS server to Solaris

13. solaris 7(x86) and db-1.85