FEC with Quad FastEthernet Card

Post by Jerry Rossignuol » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hail Sun Sages,

Is there a way to configure a SUN Quad FastEthernet Card in an E450
(Solaris 7) connected directly to a Cisco Catalyst 2900 switch so that
all 4 ethernet channels appear as one single 800Mbs channel on to a
single LAN. I am trying mostly to optimize data coming off the server on
to our network (but don't mind if it speeds up data on to the server).
I've read about Cisco's Fast EtherChannel port grouping concepts which
the 2900 supports, but I just don't see how to put the pieces together,
or even if it is possible, or for that matter intelligible.

Thanks,
Jerry Rossignuolo

FEC with Quad FastEthernet Card

Post by Jerry McEvo » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I think you need software on the Sun such a Sun Trunking 1.X (not sure of
the current version).

> Hail Sun Sages,

> Is there a way to configure a SUN Quad FastEthernet Card in an E450
> (Solaris 7) connected directly to a Cisco Catalyst 2900 switch so that
> all 4 ethernet channels appear as one single 800Mbs channel on to a
> single LAN. I am trying mostly to optimize data coming off the server on
> to our network (but don't mind if it speeds up data on to the server).
> I've read about Cisco's Fast EtherChannel port grouping concepts which
> the 2900 supports, but I just don't see how to put the pieces together,
> or even if it is possible, or for that matter intelligible.

> Thanks,
> Jerry Rossignuolo

FEC with Quad FastEthernet Card

Post by Rocke Robertso » Tue, 05 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Current version is 1.2, hot product..........

> Hail Sun Sages,

> Is there a way to configure a SUN Quad FastEthernet Card in an E450
> (Solaris 7) connected directly to a Cisco Catalyst 2900 switch so that
> all 4 ethernet channels appear as one single 800Mbs channel on to a
> single LAN. I am trying mostly to optimize data coming off the server on
> to our network (but don't mind if it speeds up data on to the server).
> I've read about Cisco's Fast EtherChannel port grouping concepts which
> the 2900 supports, but I just don't see how to put the pieces together,
> or even if it is possible, or for that matter intelligible.

> Thanks,
> Jerry Rossignuolo

Rocke Robertson
PWGSC-GTIS-CPS
Voice (613) 748-4604
Fax   (613) 748-4843

"The bible was written by the same people who said the earth was flat!!"

  rocker.vcf
< 1K Download

1. Quad Ethernet SBus and Quad FastEthernet SBus adapters in Ultra2

The installation guide for the Sun Quad FastEthernet SBus Adapter states
that you can have only one of them, maximum, in an Ultra 2.  I have an
Ultra 2 that already has an older Quad Ethernet adapter (not
FastEthernet).  Will the Quad FastEthernet work OK with the Quad
Ethernet adapter already in the Ultra 2?  Thanks.

-Gil

2. Corel Linux Problem

3. quad fastEthernet Card

4. request

5. Sun Quad FastEthernet 1.0 SQFE/S on Ultra 1

6. Help Needed with OpenVPN PLZ !!!!!

7. Sbus quad fastethernet

8. Problems with Visual Age For Java 3.0 Final

9. Quad FastEthernet drivers for Sol_2.7

10. Sun Quad FastEthernet and Trunking woes

11. Lunix support for Sun Quad FastEthernet Adapter ?

12. HELP: Quad FastEthernet Problem

13. Looking For Sun Quad FastEthernet 2.0 Drivers