Problem installing patch after removing /var/sadm/patch dir

Problem installing patch after removing /var/sadm/patch dir

Post by Minh Nhat L » Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

   I've the following problem and hoping someone could point me the
way to go. I've installed the recommended patch on my Ultra running
2.5.1 in the past. However, due to some lack of space in /var I
inadvertendly removed /var/sadm/patch ... Now showrev -p doesn't
show that I've any patch on my system. And newer patch cannot be
installed, since it either cannot find the package, or the prerequisite
patch.
   I need to install the latest Recommended patch & Y2K patch for Y2K
compliant. Any help or advice is appreciate.

Best regards,
Minh Nhat Lai - Bell Advanced Communications
Network Janitor - Network Tools & Operations
"Je penche donc je tombe" - Sanscartes

Problem installing patch after removing /var/sadm/patch dir

Post by Joe Durusa » Fri, 29 Jan 1999 04:00:00

    Why don't you just restore /var/sadm/patch from your backup.  You do
have one, don't you???

Speaking only for myself,

Joe Durusau

> Hi,

>    I've the following problem and hoping someone could point me the
> way to go. I've installed the recommended patch on my Ultra running
> 2.5.1 in the past. However, due to some lack of space in /var I
> inadvertendly removed /var/sadm/patch ... Now showrev -p doesn't
> show that I've any patch on my system. And newer patch cannot be
> installed, since it either cannot find the package, or the prerequisite
> patch.
>    I need to install the latest Recommended patch & Y2K patch for Y2K
> compliant. Any help or advice is appreciate.

> Best regards,
> --
> Minh Nhat Lai - Bell Advanced Communications
> Network Janitor - Network Tools & Operations
> "Je penche donc je tombe" - Sanscartes

1. Can I remove outdated patches from /var/sadm/patch?

I just installed 101318-45, and I now have in /var/adm/patches directories
including 101318-36, 101318-41, 101318-45.  Can I rm -r the first two with
no ill effects (they're pretty big)?  Can I do this in general for any patches
that have been superceded?

   - Ian

2. Solaris x86 not recognizing Linksys fast ethernet card

3. Old revs of jumbo patches - need to keep in /var/sadm/patch?

4. seyon

5. copy /var/sadm vs. install patch

6. Issues with /proc under 2.4.x

7. /var/sadm/pkg empty -- patches fail to install

8. STREAMS device driver example

9. Problem with patches and /var/sadm

10. how to rebuild /var/sadm/patch

11. Solaris Live upgrade: questions about /var/sadm/patch

12. /var/sadm/patch "clean" cleanup

13. Solaris patch - /var/sadm/pkg ?